Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Let me summarize: OP is a liar, as ulterior motives, has been found out and refuses to share them. Zero credibility, but still crying.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, there's your supposed experience, and there's the rulebook you were supposed to be following: which should I believe?

Or am I just supposed to believe that you AND all other GMs ignored your own rulebook?

But I do agree that the meta here is completely different ... however, I'll continue to argue we should handle that unclassic meta in the most classic way possible.
There were other possible outcomes other than the take turns based on a random roll. For example, if there was already a player made list running then people have compromised. Even if that list is made up of a ton of the same guild as long as someone else can technically be added to it then that was acceptable. If you were camping for a specific item and you were there first we almost never required any sort of sharing; you were there first the other person can wait in line as long as you didn’t try to skip them in the line by giving the camp to your friend or guildy if they weren’t ahead of the person on the list.

Contested spawn as disruption more frequently applied to broader camps like one person trying monopolize say, all of Orc 1 (simple example but it has happened). Then you’d have to reach a compromise or we would enforce an order or other sort of compromise. It was rarely used for a single spawn camp for an item (also as the expansions came out you had a lot of those really valuable items being lore so you couldn’t stay there forever farming it - we generally considered corpsing to be a disruption so in that sense we also prevented monopolies, but other than that it was pretty rare to show up at a single spawn camp and tell someone they had to share before they were done).
Old 01-27-2022, 11:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me summarize: OP is a liar, as ulterior motives, has been found out and refuses to share them. Zero credibility, but still crying.
Is this really okay on this forum? I thought personal attacks violated the forum policies?

EDIT- Just read the rules and figured out their looser than a Chan. Since I avoid Chans because of their toxicity, I'm going to avoid this forum as well. Freedom of Speech is great, but so is the freedom to avoid environments where you have to deal with toxic people.
Last edited by Zenren; 01-28-2022 at 12:08 AM..
Old 01-27-2022, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, you write essays like you're working on your dissertation ... in a forum where everyone else is just talking about a computer game. Learn to express your thoughts in 100 words instead of 10,000 and maybe people would actually be able to meaningfully dialogue with you.
Lol it is not my fault you can't read. I am not posting for people who can't read, I am posting for people interested in the discussion. Sorry you aren't interested, and just want to repeat your opinion over and over again without thinking. Your opinion is wrong of course, but you clearly have no intention on having a serious discussion if you can't be bothered to read.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Calling you out for your bullshit isn't a personal attack.

Now why don't you come clean and admit that this was just a greedy ploy by you because you wanted to sell items to people by preventing them from farming them themselves?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this really okay on this forum? I thought personal attacks violated the forum policies?

EDIT- Just read the rules and figured out their looser than a Chan. Since I avoid Chans because of their toxicity, I'm going to avoid this forum as well. Freedom of Speech is great, but so is the freedom to avoid environments where you have to deal with toxic people.
The issue here is not the people, or the rules. Your argument was simply not very good, and you knew you couldn't back it up. It is ok to admit when you are wrong.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue here is not the people, or the rules. Your argument was simply not very good, and you knew you couldn't back it up. It is ok to admit when you are wrong.
Thanks for confirming why I am heading out. Buh-bye.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

forums off limits
Old 01-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Banned

Wink

The effort people put into camping unnecessary items in this game is insane and ruins my immersion. It's rly sad what you have all done to this great game.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Gee, if only we had the exact rulebook used by the GMs during the classic period to know that's not true ... oh wait, we do!

(Emphasis added)

It even specifically references using /random to determine who gets the camp ... ie. exactly what I've been saying we should do here.

Again, our PnP are unclassic, but often necessarily so because of our all volunteer GMs. In this particular case however, it's unnecessarily unclassic.
Loramin I respect your point of view here but I also think you are completely misinterpreting this rule.

Monopolies were definitely classic. Many of us lived through it for VP, ST, and VT key days. The monopolization in the disruption handbook had nothing to do with what we're talking about here. That was more like taking an entire zone or large area for yourself. If you were camping a single mob and handing the camp off to guildmates, there was nothing wrong with that. It's how the game was always played. If you petitioned a GM because you thought you were entitled to a camp someone else was killing at and wanted to pass to a guildmate they would tell you to kick dirt.