Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-27-2022, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

If vanq or riot will sell a Frostreaver for 50k, definitely do that. Its the only weapon you'll need to go from 1-60....but idk if thats the selling price these days...could be more like 100k or more.

Or just get a Staff of Battle for solo and pick up Infestation + Frostbringer, replacing Frostbringer with Willsapper some day. Save the 35k+ cash for another char.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Or buy nothing and app to vanquish with your 60 druid, do sows outside tov for dkp, buy war shit with dkp and profit
Old 01-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or buy nothing and app to vanquish with your 60 druid, do sows outside tov for dkp, buy war shit with dkp and profit
Very true. Frostreaver shouldn't cost much DKP wise. There are a lot of better raid weapons. At least in Aftermath I got mine for my SK for like 30 DKP, but the price may have changed since then.

I am curious as to why people keep suggesting Frostreaver though. It isn't that much better than Reaver, but obviously quite a bit more expensive. The wiki says it procs at 50, but does it actually proc at lower levels? Or do people like it for the hate generation since it has a stun + 125 DD? My SK was over 50 when he got his, so I couldn't test it out.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very true. Frostreaver shouldn't cost much DKP wise. There are a lot of better raid weapons. At least in Aftermath I got mine for my SK for like 30 DKP, but the price may have changed since then.

I am curious as to why people keep suggesting Frostreaver though. It isn't that much better than Reaver, but obviously quite a bit more expensive. The wiki says it procs at 50, but does it actually proc at lower levels? Or do people like it for the hate generation since it has a stun + 125 DD? My SK was over 50 when he got his, so I couldn't test it out.
Its just a really good all around weapon for how cheap it goes for. The proc generates a lot of hate.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its just a really good all around weapon for how cheap it goes for. The proc generates a lot of hate.
That makes sense. Yeah it's got great stats and a great ratio. I forgot that the proc also stuns, so yeah that proc is like 525 hate which is pretty good. Just looking at the DKP sheets it is still going for cheap. I would totally get one too on a baby warrior lol.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

2 handed tanking is underrated and gets a lot of undue hate. Of all of the end game 2 handers, only 2 have procs for tanking: Epic and Frostreaver.

Using Frostreaver works great when you have time to totem and don't want to eat ripostes.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 01-27-2022 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Veno axe and frostbringer

What 5k?

You be fine

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 01-28-2022, 07:40 PM
Aviak

Other points about Frostreaver: it looks cool as heck, and the effect is also a lure proc, so it lands reliably. In terms of reachability though, reaver is a good call.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

I ended up getting the following:

Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood
Sebilite Croaking Dirk
Wess
Reaver and Staff of Battle if I cant use Reaver.

For later Truncheon of Doom, two Bloodpoints and a Frostbringer. Eventually i'll get a Infestation if one pops up.

Thanks for all the reply's and advice!
Old 01-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchtonedialing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ended up getting the following:

Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood
Sebilite Croaking Dirk
Wess
Reaver and Staff of Battle if I cant use Reaver.

For later Truncheon of Doom, two Bloodpoints and a Frostbringer. Eventually i'll get a Infestation if one pops up.

Thanks for all the reply's and advice!
Good choices, glad we could help. You are going to have fun with that setup!