Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-19-2022, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Default Iksar Necro 30 pt creation allocation question

I know wiki says to put the points into sta and int. And lastly possibly put into char. I’m curious what seasoned Iksar Necro’s would recommend I put the 30 points into? Thanks for any help. I’ve never played a necro before but feel they would be a lot of fun to solo or duo to 60.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know wiki says to put the points into sta and int. And lastly possibly put into char. I’m curious what seasoned Iksar Necro’s would recommend I put the 30 points into? Thanks for any help. I’ve never played a necro before but feel they would be a lot of fun to solo or duo to 60.
All INT

Rest Str

Sta is pointless for a caster. Go for Raw HP on items my dude.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

not really gonna make that much of a difference. if you wren't an established player, 25 str 5 int would probably be the best bet. but if established player its really debatable. personlly I'd go 25 sta 5 int because i like to push the limit of mana efficency and so i let my health dip down as far as i can before tapping. 50-60 hit points isnt a lot, but has a lot more value when you reach that low hp threshold befoe you drop your vexing/bond get your hp back. it might not hppen often but it certinly could be the difference between living long enough to get FD off or not or living through a failed one for another attempt.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

15int/15 stam or str. There is debate whether or not Necro lull is affected by Cha at all.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Any combination of str/sta/int is just fine. If it's your first toon on the server, there is some merit is going more strength. I would think 5 str/25 int for a new toon, 25 sta/5 int for a min/max raid toon.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-21-2022, 09:25 PM
Kobold

put max points in STA and rest into INT. You can't cap STA with BIS unless you do, whereas you'll have INT maxed many times over. As a Necro HP is king, much more important than the size of your mana pool due to lich and LTs. I followed the guides and put the points into INT and regret it.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
put max points in STA and rest into INT. You can't cap STA with BIS unless you do, whereas you'll have INT maxed many times over. As a Necro HP is king, much more important than the size of your mana pool due to lich and LTs. I followed the guides and put the points into INT and regret it.
Iksar start with 85 INT

Caster sta/hp ratio is 2.4

60 hp at level 60 ....
Old 03-22-2022, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Why do so many people just throw around BiS like it's no big deal? I'm not quite sure everyone knows how much raiding it actually takes to get to that point.

25 sta is 60 hp at level 60. For 99.9% of people, you're better off just going full INT and countering with raw hp gear, especially on an iksar.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

It does require a fair bit of raiding but for the most part, especially including necros, you can get dkp for free by just being in the zone while ppl kill the mob. Can get alot of bis items using this strat. And no guilds have RA requirements so you can just churn dkp at your own pace.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2022, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

As much of a filthy min/maxer as I like to be...for 99% of players you want to dump INT and get HP gear...as a couple others have said.

If your goals are BiS gear...then sure, STA.