Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-30-2022, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Default BE Greaves

Does the clicky FD on the greaves work all the time or can it fail? In addition must you stop attacking like a monks FD to assure it works?
Old 03-30-2022, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, it is exactly like regular FD. Turn off attack. There is a chance of failure.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Dang! Ok ty for the info.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

The biggest benefit to BE greaves is no cooldown between casts. So you can just spam it until it works. Plus it saves you 60 mana per cast, which adds up quick on hybrids, who typically have a lower mana pool.

Deaths Peace is spammable too, but 120 mana is like 5% of your mana pool per cast.

You can also cast BE greaves when you are oom.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-30-2022 at 05:13 PM..
Old 03-30-2022, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

That is also great info DSM. You have made a great argument for buying them.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is also great info DSM. You have made a great argument for buying them.
They are definitely worth getting. I don't think I am ever going to sell my BE pants, they just have too much utility. The 3 second cast time on them really isn't bad when you can just spam them on a fail/interrupt, and the mana savings are noticeable.

Plus if you want to play a little riskier you can just remove FD from your spell bar completely, giving you another spell slot for something else.

If you cast your BE pants 10 times an hour, they basically equate to a Flowing Thought I item. More if you use them more.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-30-2022 at 06:34 PM..
Old 03-30-2022, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with DSM with respect to Blood Ember Greaves' value. I never bought the greaves myself, but only because I don't want to use lower-AC red legs, not because I don't think they're good. They're good and easily warrant their place in the toolbox. There are other items you might elect to buy first if cost is an issue but in the long run it's hard to go wrong buying a nice click effect on a droppable item.

Danth
Old 03-30-2022, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with DSM with respect to Blood Ember Greaves' value. I never bought the greaves myself, but only because I don't want to use lower-AC red legs, not because I don't think they're good. They're good and easily warrant their place in the toolbox. There are other items you might elect to buy first if cost is an issue but in the long run it's hard to go wrong buying a nice click effect on a droppable item.

Danth
I agree the price is a bit off-putting. 40kish is steep for a Shadowknight item. There are certainly higher priority items you could spend that 40k on like a Fungi Tunic, which can be used across multiple toons.

But if you have the money, or can get them on a raid, definitely go for it.