Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 04-07-2022, 10:09 AM
Large Rat

Default Necro Clinging darkness

Hey everyone,

Returning player, but havent played in 15 years or so.

I recall clinging darkness having a dmg tick to it, and the wiki says it does, but if i cast it on a mob or myself all i get is a slow and no dmg.

Does it not do dmg at level 4? Also, my pet doesnt have a command window, do I get that at higher pet levels?

It's been so long that some of this sounds right but i dont remember for sure.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Hello and welcome back to Everquest! Unfortunately in this iteration of emulated Everquest, dot damaged is no longer displayed. This is supposed to be consistent with the true original timeline of the classic era.

I can assure you, any DOT damage will still take (save resist) - just will not be displayed in chat (unless Dot has an initial DD element such as poison bolt lines). The only way you will notice the change in health is by keeping an eye on your enemies health %.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:52 AM
Large Rat

Oh how the times sure have changed.

Any QoL files people have come up with to fix this? Additionally, any files i can inject so i can see how much mana ive got?

Are there QoL files in general I should be aware of? I have the Dux UI but i didnt notice much change.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Kobold

DUXA UI all in one installer is what I use and can see my mana. But if you are playing on Green, I heard additional UIs aren't allowed (if someone from Green can confirm).

For any add on files to fix this? From what I understand modding files is prohibited and could lead to a suspension if GMs discover you.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Blue or red server has the pet UI window.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue or red server has the pet UI window.
Green is at the end of its life cycle, as a necro you don't necessarily need groups and while they are easier to find on green that lessens by the day. Consider rolling blue (or red if that's your thing) as the poster above mentioned. Much more reasonable QoL changes without any loss of appropriate timeline mechanics as a whole.

Fwiw I'm on green and wish I would have just returned to blue when I came back 7 months ago