Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Default No Man's Sky

This game looks really cool. Anyone else going to be playing it?

http://www.stuff.tv/game-reviews/no-mans-sky/review

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Banned

Anyone else's heuristic automatically filter this out of long term memory and preclude clicking lank solely based on the game's title?
Old 07-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

It's supposed to be like EVE but with graphics

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's supposed to be like EVE but with graphics
Yeah, eventually I will. Right now my desktop has 4gb of memory, and this game I read is at a req of 8gb. I'm done upgrading my desktop, ain't worth it, going to be replacing it soon. I'm hardly even using my desktop apart from work related stuff, I've been gaming on my slower laptop, which is about as powerful enough to run Skyrim at lowish settings.

I like what it's about, looks good, though it has been fairly hyped as an everything game by it's following. Like, it's not like EVE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've played EVE for years (emphasis on cov-ops and sub-cap combat), NMS looks a lot different in almost every way. Closest thing to EVE is the X3 series by Egosoft which is still a wonderful space sim.

But yeah might wait a bit, maybe six months or so and catch it on a steam sale. By then it will be better polished and deeper content.
<-- space sim fan for sure.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

What I like about it is the dev team is pro-active. I'm super stoked to dive in.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if the flight mechanics aren't on roller coaster rails like EVEs its already 420x a better game
That's not a rail shooter game, maybe you are thinking of that starwars mmo thing. EVE is highly maneuverable within reason, no game controller with a loopty loop button, no, but don't want. I remember Earth and Beyond had junk like that, but it was useless. If you jump into an Assault Frigate in EVE, it's all about maneuverability, a part of tactics. If you stick the maneuverability of an AF into a capital ship, you have a silly broken game. Big ships are slow and with terrible maneuverability in every good space sim.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am definitely looking forward to it.

I just wish it had more options geared towards multiplayer. The last I have heard, even if you and a friend try to head towards each other it may be impossible to meet up depending on your starting locations because of the vastness of the universe.

I would like it if it let you choose where you start on the outer rim of the galaxy so you can start close to friends/family/guild and do the journey together.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

I already play Elite Dangerous.
Waiting to see if Star citizen is going to be a piece of crap.

No room for No Mans Sky. They certainly have put a lot of money into marketing their game. Also nothing is like EVE other then EVE.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also nothing is like EVE other then EVE.
...apart from X3 and Endless Sky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But not like clones, no, but "like", very much compared to other space sims. And they don't have the multiplayer component that drives EVE. There is even an EVE mod pack for X3, for the ships.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already play Elite Dangerous.
This.

If they ever get around to adding VR support, I'd try it. But at this point, I can never go back to a cockpit game that doesn't use VR. TrackIR was great, but since my DK2 showed up way back when, I haven't even been able to enjoy games on TrackIR.

Somebody with knowledge please mod IL2 1946 to work with in VR, please.
Closed Thread