Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Kobold

The storyline of the game is cool, especially if you;re one of them stoner people. Get to the center of the universe and find the meaning of consciousness or someshit. Gameplay is meh, and definately repetative. It's huge, like billions of planets huge. So dont expect to run into anybody even if there WAS multiplayer. I'll use a skyrim analogy. You could just stick to the main quest, and linearlly "beat" the game. What people enjoyed about skyrim was goin off the beaten path and just exploring and finding cool caves and shit. Same concept applies here, except for me personally it's just not as rewarding, aka enjoyable. Like i said tho, if you smoke alot of weed, your gonna like this game. It has an immersive dialogue style and the planets actually are very diverse. After 15-20 hours its a 4.5/10 for me. Not worth 60 bones atm. There are some bugs( especially on PC ) and there is no multiplayer yet, but supposedly coming. I recommend the game. Just wait till it's on Steam sale or cheaper on PSN.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyokah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The storyline of the game is cool, especially if you;re one of them stoner people. Get to the center of the universe and find the meaning of consciousness or someshit. Gameplay is meh, and definately repetative. It's huge, like billions of planets huge. So dont expect to run into anybody even if there WAS multiplayer. I'll use a skyrim analogy. You could just stick to the main quest, and linearlly "beat" the game. What people enjoyed about skyrim was goin off the beaten path and just exploring and finding cool caves and shit. Same concept applies here, except for me personally it's just not as rewarding, aka enjoyable. Like i said tho, if you smoke alot of weed, your gonna like this game. It has an immersive dialogue style and the planets actually are very diverse. After 15-20 hours its a 4.5/10 for me. Not worth 60 bones atm. There are some bugs( especially on PC ) and there is no multiplayer yet, but supposedly coming. I recommend the game. Just wait till it's on Steam sale or cheaper on PSN.
I'm a stoner and have no interest in this game. Looks like minecraft with updated graphics.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyokah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The storyline of the game is cool, especially if you;re one of them stoner people. Get to the center of the universe and find the meaning of consciousness or someshit.
https://youtu.be/WYW_lPlekiQ
Old 08-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

I'll just leave this here for whoever wants a funny, critical look at No Man's Sky in less than 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgfxo3CLdNM
Old 08-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

woah, this video from E3 2014 it's fake. And the same area they kept playing it on in every live demo of the game. It's not actually part of the game world's procedural generation, but developed by artists, level designers and fully scripted. I just caught that here.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

So glad I didn't waste a single dollar on that garbage.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So glad I didn't waste a single dollar on that garbage.
Eye of the beholder. I like survival games. Though I like to either build in them or have really good space battles... or fights in general which demand player skill and awareness. The fakeness doesn't bother me too much (from my previous post), but it does lower my opinion of hello games as it should. I'm still willing to play at some point, but really only if they make the space combat more meaningful. Otherwise I'd just load X3 and have a blast.