Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Large Bat

Default Overwriting Inventory

I have had several problems with bags and items overwriting existing inventory slots. To the point where the game is unplayable.

It all started today. I looted a ruined wolf pelt that overwrote a backpack full of items, then when purchasing a boot pattern, my large sewing kit full of pelts and silks disappeared. And anytime I buy anything from merchants, I overwrite something else in my inventory. I just started out and no longer have enough money to replace the sewing kit and farming pelts was not fun the first time.

Bilderan
Level 4 Barbarian Shaman
Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

I've never heard of this happening, ever.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had several problems with bags and items overwriting existing inventory slots. To the point where the game is unplayable.

It all started today. I looted a ruined wolf pelt that overwrote a backpack full of items, then when purchasing a boot pattern, my large sewing kit full of pelts and silks disappeared. And anytime I buy anything from merchants, I overwrite something else in my inventory. I just started out and no longer have enough money to replace the sewing kit and farming pelts was not fun the first time.

Bilderan
Level 4 Barbarian Shaman
Sounds like a UI issue? Are you using something other than the default UI?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Large Bat

Nah, I had installed the velious ui, but it wasn't showing right. I had tried that today. Perhaps I should reinstall the default and try again.

However, its odd that the newly purchased items or loot items show up in place of the bag. I'll test it out and see if it fixes it.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Large Bat

Okay, well I modified the UI files, and can't replicate the problem I had before. But everytime I log in, I have a bottle of kalish on my cursor--I put it in a empty slot and drink it and get the effects of drinking.

Acceptable bug I guess.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, well I modified the UI files, and can't replicate the problem I had before. But everytime I log in, I have a bottle of kalish on my cursor--I put it in a empty slot and drink it and get the effects of drinking.

Acceptable bug I guess.
...Are you sure you're not taking crystal meth or something?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Large Bat

Hah, wish I was. Then that'd explain some of the wackiness.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

If you're using the SoF client, it's unsupported. Get Titanium.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Large Bat

Yeah, I'm using the SoF. I already had SoF--guess I might consider titanium now. On the other hand, all the bugs I've experienced today have seemed to have been resolved. Thanks for the UI suggestion. The bottle of kalish bug has now stopped. I removed the classic game load UI and it seems to have fixed it.

Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from now on. Big kudos to the dev team. You've done a wonderful job recreating the EQ experience.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Sarnak

we can cheat the game and get a FREE bottle of kalish EACH time we log in if we use SoF ? does that mean i compleated everquest then ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]