Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 04:11 PM
VIP / Contributor

Interested, but already work in the games industry so can't check it out early [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 02-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
even if its the greatest game ever created, it will be shitted up by miserable millennial low T Drug addicts who are unemployed ( like every game )
Can you never post again on the internets, ever? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Would pay a pretty penny to be able to be a noob again and find things out the hard way...

Kinda worried about it mimicing eq's atlas,classes,mechanics...

I expect so much it is undoubtedly going to let me down, but ya know ... I fight with my friends about Michael Bay's failure ass failing... I agree that he fails but I just want to enjoy the movie either way even if a legend is brutally slaughtered and left for dead...
Old 02-27-2017, 12:37 AM
Aviak

I sincerely hope that Pantheon is a success. However the current gnome race set up doesn't float my boat at all, considering the amount of Gnomes I've played since 99. If they reverted back to a more traditional gnome and kept the current gnome appearance for something from within their culture and lore.

Also, is it me but blue dwarves too? Again I'm not convinced of the concept to be honest. Surely one of the recurring charms of old EQ was to be had in its memorable race selections. Same with VG too.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2017, 01:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallpaulTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sincerely hope that Pantheon is a success. However the current gnome race set up doesn't float my boat at all, considering the amount of Gnomes I've played since 99. If they reverted back to a more traditional gnome and kept the current gnome appearance for something from within their culture and lore.

Also, is it me but blue dwarves too? Again I'm not convinced of the concept to be honest. Surely one of the recurring charms of old EQ was to be had in its memorable race selections. Same with VG too.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel you. I don't like some of the newer stuff either. But from their perspective, they are already taking heat from people that think the game will just be an EQ clone. While a lot of people on this site wouldn't mind that -- its a pretty small minority of gamers. You have to be "old" (like 28+) these days to even remember EQ.

My hope is that the game can be a true successor to EQ. But some things will be different.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brad's ass letting out the alpha test

Stand under to accept your invites

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-27-2017, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

I don't understand why people go out of their way to be stupid fucking idiots. Especially on the internet.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
even if its the greatest game ever created, it will be shitted up by miserable millennial low T Drug addicts who are unemployed ( like every game )
Lol

True but also they will casualize it for the employed.

Welcome to MMOs.

I am interested though, and will play it (casually).
Old 02-27-2017, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

I am interested , Goobles. Even if this is shit or completely derivative it will be better than 97% of the current mmo offerings.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's pretty interesting, particularly as it pertains to my postcount
lol, this had a super classic pokepost feel to it ^^

i been interested, but am currently engrossed elsewhere and hope to be for a least the next decade. whether I play pantheon depends on if I get sucked into something else between when I finish that up and when pantheon is released a few years later ^^