Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Default Green patch timeline

Is there a definitive countdown timer for all the different evolving server changes that will be re-enacted on Green?

I mean things like opening the Planes which didn't happen at day 1, changing the Planes to be level restricted after x number of days, unitemised versus itemised Kedge, removal of specific profitable tradeskill recipes, removal of ability to loot player corpses, L35 spell book mechanic, druid dot stacking, etc...
Old 07-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Orc

Interesting, wonder if Bladestorm will drop as well using that same logic.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline

I would guess this is a pretty good resource to follow.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That timeline for fear and hate seem off. If I recall correctly fear released first and I think it was closer to August or September while Hate followed shortly after. This was the pre level requirement Fear which contained the items like Bladestorm for instance. However I dont miss that version of Cazic and Dracolich crashing the zone with their ae fear.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Kobold

What about Kedge Keep? I'd swear I remember it not being out on release and there being a patch where they added it.

I distinctly remember the drop rate of the haste belt being bugged at first and they had to nerf it. My friend's guild went there en masse as soon as it came out and got dozens of them and he gave me one.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Powa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That timeline for fear and hate seem off. If I recall correctly fear released first and I think it was closer to August or September while Hate followed shortly after. This was the pre level requirement Fear which contained the items like Bladestorm for instance. However I dont miss that version of Cazic and Dracolich crashing the zone with their ae fear.
i remember on live level 1 ogres walking into fear looking for welfare loot for a while, with screenshots being posted on the old EQlizer site.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedleyKow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about Kedge Keep? I'd swear I remember it not being out on release and there being a patch where they added it.

I distinctly remember the drop rate of the haste belt being bugged at first and they had to nerf it. My friend's guild went there en masse as soon as it came out and got dozens of them and he gave me one.
Yes, Kedge was not itemized until later on for sure.

Yes when PoF was opened there was no level restriction and many of us at the time walked our alts in to loot armor. However this wasn't until that September or August timeframe from what I can remember.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think the devs have their own (better) version of essentially that, and it's what Green will follow.

However, IIRC Nilbog has mentioned in the past that some short-lived weirdness (eg. being able to loot other people's corpses with /consent) will not be on Green. Again, IIRC, his logic was that it's just not worth the significant effort they'd have to make to enable that stuff, when it wasn't really a key part of the classic experience and was only around briefly. And this logic isn't just for early stuff: it's basically the same reason we won't see Project M here (or at least, not anytime soon).

As for any other "short-lived weirdness" (eg. being able to walk into Fear at level 1, Kedge without items, etc.), I imagine the devs will make a call on each one, and we won't know what call they make until Green is released. In general I'd bet that the more of a hassle it is to implement, and the shorter the time it was around, the less likely we are to see it on Green (and the more likely Green is to start with the "fixed" version of that thing).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the devs have their own (better) version of essentially that, and it's what Green will follow.

However, IIRC Nilbog has mentioned in the past that some short-lived weirdness (eg. being able to loot other people's corpses with /consent) will not be on Green. Again, IIRC, his logic was that it's just not worth the significant effort they'd have to make to enable that stuff, when it wasn't really a key part of the classic experience and was only around briefly. And this logic isn't just for early stuff: it's basically the same reason we won't see Project M here (or at least, not anytime soon).

As for any other "short-lived weirdness" (eg. being able to walk into Fear at level 1, Kedge without items, etc.), I imagine the devs will make a call on each one, and we won't know what call they make until Green is released. In general I'd bet that the more of a hassle it is to implement, and the shorter the time it was around, the less likely we are to see it on Green (and the more likely Green is to start with the "fixed" version of that thing).
I'd agree with that, I think it would be cool to keep the loot tables for a set period of time before tuning it. But yes the level 1 in PoFear looting could create a difficult situation.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Im really hoping Nilbog has the most insanely ocd list that he is setting up for the green patches.

I feel like if it were up to him, he'd have a patch for every live patch, but alas he is not a billionaire so making that happen is likely a stretch, but it wont be for the 4rth of 5th iteration of green (that I will happy play on of course!)
Closed Thread