Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Neriak arena solo guides?

I keep hearing about Neriak arena as a great solo spot for pushing through the late 50s. I'm a 58 epic shammy (no fungi) -- haven't been able to successfully get a root-rot going without getting ganked by adds. Are there any guides out there for how to break the Neriak arena without harmo/mezz?
Old 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep hearing about Neriak arena as a great solo spot for pushing through the late 50s. I'm a 58 epic shammy (no fungi) -- haven't been able to successfully get a root-rot going without getting ganked by adds. Are there any guides out there for how to break the Neriak arena without harmo/mezz?
This is not a good solo spot, its ideal for duos to capitalize on the 6.5 min respawn time.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Go in the right side of the arena, go halfway up the stairs and fight there. There's a mob in the room at the top of the stairs. Kill that one first. At 58 you should be able to single pull from the two guards nearest to you in the arena. Drag them to the fight spot and stay out of line of sight of the door above you while you kill them so you won't aggro the first mob when she respawns. Deal with fleeing mobs by rooting or snaring them.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2019, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go in the right side of the arena, go halfway up the stairs and fight there. There's a mob in the room at the top of the stairs. Kill that one first. At 58 you should be able to single pull from the two guards nearest to you in the arena. Drag them to the fight spot and stay out of line of sight of the door above you while you kill them so you won't aggro the first mob when she respawns. Deal with fleeing mobs by rooting or snaring them.

Woah this is awesome! How'd you get a screenshot from this perspective?
Old 07-30-2019, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Gnomes, and dwarves to a lesser extent, can peak through walls like this.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-30-2019, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

http://www.eqclassic.de/wiki/EverQuest_Zone_Viewer
Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM
Fire Giant

Azeth is right. I did 57 - 60 here on a shaman with a monk partner. It's just enough spawns to be awesome for two people. If you insist on soloing, you can walk past the bar and melee the ogre just around the right corner at the red arrow below.

If you smack him and run directly back to the stairwell, you can single pull without aggroing the guard on the opposite side.

Also, don't forget there's always the troll upstairs in the office who can be singled out.
Last edited by d3r14k; 07-30-2019 at 10:02 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, I came here, read this, and thought "hey, the Per-Level Guide has an entry on that exact spot, maybe it has something useful". Sure enough it did, and I came here all proud and ready to share ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_55-59
Hurts Neriak Queen factions, helps Neriak King factions; stairwells are safe pull spots; root breaks frequently at level 55 (so it's less ideal for root/rot at lower levels); very peaceful (no competition) but the XP is a little slow
... and then I saw Jaxon's amazing post/image (with d3r14k's bonus details).

Guess the wiki won't be educating anyone tonight: it's going to be the other way around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. http://wiki.project1999.com/Neriak_Arena_(Hunting_Spot)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

All right!! glad my ignorance led to a contribution to our beloved wiki
Closed Thread