Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 toons will be safe and well, game is ruined only when you allow people boxing dozens of toons

So, so wrong.

Why even play p99?
Old 07-31-2019, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After seeing his last few threads, I think rotenvok may just be trolling.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, so wrong.

Why even play p99?
I play because its the most populated server

other servers allow boxing, but they are almost empty.

I like p99, i just want one server for boxing while other server (green) will be the normal one, and i will play both
Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

2-boxing is nice because you don’t have to waste other people’s time with tedious activities that aren’t really fun that you currently have to drag people into. Things like:

Porting
Rezzing
Transferring items
Tradeskilling
Powerleveling Alts

For all meaningful raid and hard group content you still need the assistance of others and that’s how it should be.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-boxing is nice because you don’t have to waste other people’s time with tedious activities that aren’t really fun that you currently have to drag people into. Things like:

Porting
Rezzing
Transferring items
Tradeskilling
Powerleveling Alts

For all meaningful raid and hard group content you still need the assistance of others and that’s how it should be.
agree 200%
Old 07-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hard pass.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a correlation here.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

There's a thought that P99 is really the only decently populated server because specifically it does not allow boxing. That may be true, but I think the level of anti-RMT and anti-cheat and anti-macro efforts that have been put into it also play a role to some extent.

I personally don't get it. I think if boxing is regulated at 2 or 3 max and you can't have the bot swarms that you used to see on live, then it really shouldn't make much of a difference. Anyone who has tried to box a key role or two on a raid will know that it is difficult to the point of insanity without illegal macros. But - TAKP is a good server, 3 box max, in luclin and will have PoP before too long. Good community, good devs, and it's an era-accurate server with an accurate client as well. However, it is significantly less populated as compared to P99, so there ya go.

I think part of P99's population is just that it was there the first and has sucked up all the population that wants to play any classic EQ at all anyway, and since people are invested in it now there's no reason to move. But that's not all of the reason, I think the no boxing has a legit role in attracting and keeping people along with the other things I mentioned, including nothing beyond velious. Many people disliked Luclin and PoP and quit live because of it. Of course, many people loved those and didn't quit (or started playing) specifically because of it.

I thought luclin was kinda dumb but liked PoP a great deal. I'm looking forward to TAKP's 'classic' PoP implementation. I don't know how much longer people will want to cycle through original/kunark/velious over and over, so maybe TAKP will get some bumps from that in days to come.

Anyways they are both great servers, P99 is clearly doing something right.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

if you play on the grand creation you can dual box [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
There is a correlation here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a thought that P99 is really the only decently populated server because specifically it does not allow boxing. That may be true...

P99 is clearly doing something right.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread