Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

There are players that want it classic.
There are players that do not.

The devs, however, are the gods here. They want it to be classic and this is their sandbox! Personally, I love their devotion to the classic experience!

Maybe one day they will create an "EZ server" and you guys can have all of these non-classic quality of life changes implemented there. Soon after, you can complain and get the Vah Shir and PoK books implemented as well.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like it to stay as is so when green characters are forced onto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]blue the experience can still be somewhat the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are players that want it classic.
There are players that do not.

The devs, however, are the gods here. They want it to be classic and this is their sandbox! Personally, I love their devotion to the classic experience!

Maybe one day they will create an "EZ server" and you guys can have all of these non-classic quality of life changes implemented there. Soon after, you can complain and get the Vah Shir and PoK books implemented as well.
Blue is the EZ server, lmao. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is the EZ server, lmao. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, a lot of people are about to find that out on October 25th.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strip out all of the RPG elements, add in MTX for ease of leveling. Essentially what P99 is not, just use the titanium client with no mods. Don't forget the mercenaries. Also add in twitch streaming functionality and see if one of the popular young artists will do up some commercials on TV to promote it.

(no troll, illness with modern gaming..why the hell am I here still.)
I feel like my post was pretty measured, fair, and completely unrelated to this idiotic list of straw-man crap. Custom UI's, pet windows, tab targeting, item links, and extra hot bars are examples of QoL changes that in no way made the game worse. They made it less classic, for sure though, which was my point.

I don't think you actually understood my post, to be honest. Next time reread something a couple of times before you respond. Clearly you need a few tries.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sad reality is that the extremely vocal minority of people who play on blue, and even smaller even more vocal minority of those players who actually frequent and post on this forum will always shout louder "CLASSIC! FU!" because most players don't post here and they don't feel as strongly as the extremely vocal minority.

That vocal contingent won't be satisfied until the powers that be are able to replicate random disconnects that are "classic" because of how awful internet was back then. They think that anything that makes the game even the slightest bit more enjoyable for the vast majority of players is a bad thing if it's not "classic". They value the pain and difficulty of the game during the "classic" era as the most important thing about the game and the era when in reality if they were actually honest with themselves they would admit that people didn't play everquest back then because of these things but in spite of them.

The game wasn't subsequently ruined by small QoL changes that the incredibly large majority of players on this server would cry tears of joy for, but because of the actual content of the game. These are things that the "CLASSIC! FU!" crowd will absolutely never admit to, and they will continue to take joy and excitement at our pleas and frustration. Either because they derive actual enjoyment or because they are unhappy in their lives and resort to trolling to fill a void.

Keep up the fight though OP. Maybe one day.
Honestly, it is the people trying to strong arm in non classic features that are the ones saying FU; and they are saying FU to the people who are actually doing the work, taking the risks and actually giving the project life.

I actually find it incredibly disrespectful to Rogean's Visionception when us man children start bawling and demanding features. My only comfort is such behaviour from the players as classic as it gets.
Closed Thread