Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its the animations more than anything.

sitting/running/casting spells/swinging weapons all looked clunky and dumb
So very very true. I liked the human & half-elf models themselves, but those awful animations... Also the Ogre and Troll models traded the comedy factor of the originals for a weak intersection of blah & yuk.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Lol someone called crystal grinder a “good rogue weapon” in that screenshot
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Yes! Please implement moon kitties and zones that make it so the old world zones are irrelevant. And also implement the Luclin spires so the community is broken when we don't need druids and wizards anymore.

Sounds great....

/smh
This is exactly what I meant. When was the last time you played Luclin, and how old were you when you did? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly what I meant. When was the last time you played Luclin, and how old were you when you did? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
/smh = "shaking my head" ... as in, the guy wasn't saying any of that because he believed it: he was shaking his head at it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Just. Yikes.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with halfcell, to a point. Releasinig luclin would be great for the blue server, so long as some changes were made (spires, etc.). It really makes sense that the devs here are going with a recycling content sort of approach, but as everything cycles into blue it will get very stagnant. Luclin, or some sort of custom content, would be good to implement here.

But even that only goes so far...

All things must end, I suppose xD
Old 10-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Just. Yikes.
I dunno, personally I don't hate those two models. They at least look very EverQuest-y, and in a sense they feel like faithful but "more 3D" versions of the old models.

What I just can't get over is some of the details (the male elf's teeth are cringy), and just in general the uncanny valley problem they all have ... plus of course other models like the Trolls, which are a radical departure from the originals.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-01-2019 at 07:30 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--CENSORED--

That's a nice shot of the Velious UI (the Luclin UI wasn't actually patched in till well into that expansion's lifespan). Bonus points for auctioneers typing out item stats in the pre-link days.

EDIT: Loramin, since you don't hate them, I'll hate them triple so as to maintain proper balance in the universe.

Danth
Old 10-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

I had forgotten that the high-elf/wood-elf models look like cosplay vulcans the morning after, yuk.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: Loramin, since you don't hate them, I'll hate them triple so as to maintain proper balance in the universe.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just so we're clear, I'm not a fan of them (I ran all classic models except the elementals, back when we had a choice here). I just don't hate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had forgotten that the high-elf/wood-elf models look like cosplay vulcans the morning after, yuk.
But to be fair, Vulcans are space elves.

Closed Thread