Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Default How tall are the Iksar going to be?

Unless I'm insane (or I was just 12), I distinctly remember Iksar being as tall as Barbarians when Kunark first came out, and the NPC guards and traders around Cabilis even reflected this for years over the new models, but they silently changed it like they did a lot of things, and it seems like p99 has followed in those footsteps due to using Titanium.

Or.

I was 12.

Discuss.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

I would like to officially request an opportunity to smoke some of your weed. It seems pretty potent.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to officially request an opportunity to smoke some of your weed. It seems pretty potent.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seriously though, I don't believe Iksar were ever classified as a "large race" in-game. That was reserved exclusively for Barbarians/Ogres/Trolls (and maybe Vah Shir?)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Think you are remembering vah shir.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seriously though, I don't believe Iksar were ever classified as a "large race" in-game.p
Didn't say they were?

They do have a weird pseudo large classification, where a lot (but not all!) of TRL OGR BAR weapons and gear also include Iksar.

Like those giant boulders from Nagafen's Lair.
Quote:
That was reserved exclusively for Barbarians/Ogres/Trolls (and maybe Vah Shir?)
Vah Shir are the same height as Barbarians, yeah, but my memory tells me Iksar were once upon a time as well.

Not a "Large" race, being restricted to Medium sized armour always (though again, the odd piece of gear that only had or have TRL OGR BAR will have IKS on there, too) but just their model being the same height as Barbarianses.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a "Large" race, being restricted to Medium sized armour always (though again, the odd piece of gear that only had or have TRL OGR BAR will have IKS on there, too) but just their model being the same height as Barbarianses.
I'm no classic expert (I didn't even start on live for real until Velious) ... but AFAIK those two things (being a "large" race for equipment purposes, and having a model that's the same height as a Barbarian) have always gone hand in hand.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Throwing_Boulder

But why add Iksar into the usable races?

I used to remember a lot more, but I'm on very little sleep and the brain is fuzzy. They do exist, though.

They're still the tallest race AFTER Barbarians, but I have a distinct memory of running my Iksar to the Greater Faydark and comparing his height to a Barbarian and it was the same.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

or

I was just 12.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:02 PM
Aviak

You were just 12
Old 09-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a distinct memory of running my Iksar to the Greater Faydark and comparing his height to a Barbarian and it was the same.
Were you standing on orc hill? ...you were just 12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lol jk.

Honestly when I was 10 in 99, everything about the game seemed so much larger. But I wonder if it's possible you are maybe remembering some of the Iksar statues around? And confusing it with the NPCs/PCs?

Not sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread