Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Oh Wreker, you campstealer. You're so cute.

So there I was, exp-ing at the spectres in oasis as level 45 mage along with a lvl 44 cleric. We were killing the specters and along comes a 41 necro named Wreker from guild Drunken Defender of High Keep. He went up the tower where the 3 spectres spawn and camp it after the cleric and I have already cleared it out. He claimed that it was his because the mobs were up for a full 2 minutes. A little bit later he went /anon.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Lol you all couldn't have just joined up in a group?? Easy fix no?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Kobold

"ur an op typical mage"

Translation?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If he simply asked and he were cool then yes. It's okay. Gonna boot him now because someone cool is about to join us and we need all 8.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

This is a little sketchy. If the mobs were sitting up for literally 2 mins, (IE not an over exaggeration) than I would have pulled the specs to. I was under the impression that in order for you to call it a camp, you had to be in the process for clearing mobs, or have them down and on a respawn cycle, only to kill them when they immediately reappear. This is like those guys in SK claiming they have Centaurs camped, yet there are 4 of them up at a time. You cant just let them sit there. Especially if there are 2 up. I can understand if only 1 was up.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

These issues shouldn't arise if people just respected camps and didn't feel the need/entitled to sit and watch your pulls to verify in their eyes whether you were technically "camped"

Such as, my wife and I doing Ogre Guards last night. We have all ~9 guards dead and this enc appears, Quitis and claims that we MUST choose a pack of guards to camp since HE deemed the guards "2 different camps". Wrong buddy, you zoned in, theyre camped, now your nerd raging. Instead of watching me pull for half an hour to determine my kill speed, gtfo its camped.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a little sketchy. If the mobs were sitting up for literally 2 mins, (IE not an over exaggeration) than I would have pulled the specs to. I was under the impression that in order for you to call it a camp, you had to be in the process for clearing mobs, or have them down and on a respawn cycle, only to kill them when they immediately reappear. This is like those guys in SK claiming they have Centaurs camped, yet there are 4 of them up at a time. You cant just let them sit there. Especially if there are 2 up. I can understand if only 1 was up.
I kind of agree, but it's really circumstantial. If I see you guys killing specs effectively and there are two up for a minute or two, I'll assume you've got it camped and may just be regenning mana to be on the safe side. If you're barely taking one at a time or doing it much more slowly than a few mins, I can't assume you've got it camped.

In your case, given the levels/etc involved, I would have left the OP alone.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

/agree with Messianic
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

You should turn off Luclin elementals.

Main menu > Options > Hit Next > Uncheck "Elementals & Skeletons"

Thank me later
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh we were killing perty effectively, but not as effective as Wreker. He's up there fearing the spectres so that they'd run in a tight square and never out of the pet's arm's reach. It's pretty cool imo.
Closed Thread