Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default 9th Coldain Ring - Seneschal Aldikar

I've listed a few comments below with regards to Seneschal Aldikar and how it's currently working for the 9th Coldain ring quest offerings:

1) Seneschal Aldikar is currently standing at the throne between the hours of 6pm and 8am and then at 8am paths down to his sleeping quarters. I believe this is backwards as he should be standing at the throne when the court is in session between 8am and 6pm. See source below from Keeper's of the Glade website

Quote:
If it is between 8 AM and 8 PM, EQ time, you will find Seneschal Aldikar standing to the left of the throne. If it's not between the above time, you will find him in a room on the floor below, but he does not give out the 9th quest in this spot, only when he's at the throne. To get the quest, say the phrase "I will accept this task", and you will receive a 6-slot box. The quest, when summarized, requires you to seek out the 6 Coldain traitors and obtain an item from them to prove that they've been slain (usually a head). A faction level of dubious will work to do the quest.
2) If you hand-in Seneschal Aldikar your velium coldain ring to start the quest dialog and retrieve the traitor's bane box (6 slot container) he will not give back the velium coldain ring as he should. This was previously reported in this thread by Zaia, but I thought I'd mention it again since it's related to the same NPC. Please see quest dialog below.

Quote:
Seneschal Aldikar says, 'In this box, place the Accursed Dirk of the Fallen Rodrick. With it combine the heads of every traitor you dispose of. When this is done give the box and the Velium insignia ring to the Dain directly. On behalf of the crown and all good Coldain, I thank you.....May Brell be with you.'
3) I'm not sure if this part is classic or not, but Seneschal Aldikar will currently offer the traitor's bane box to any player of dubious or higher faction when he is currently in his room by saying the quest phrase of "I will accept this task". If you mention the phrase while he is at the throne he will not respond or provide the quest item. Does anyone recall how this functioned on classic?
Closed Thread