Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default 9th Coldain Ring Final Step - Dain Frostreaver IV

I attempted to complete the final hand-in for the 9th coldain ring this evening, but unfortunately Dain ate both the ring and box of the guilty. The hand-in was done with an apprehensive faction to Dain. Is it possible to confirm if this was a faction issue or if Dain isn't accepting the items as he should? The Keepers of the Glade coldain ring guide states that the final turn-in should work with a dubious or higher faction. GM Eunomia was nice enough to summon the items back for me, but I haven't been able to complete it any further.

Quote:
Getting your 9th ring
Juliah Lockheart was the last kill you need to make. You now have all 6 items from the 6 traitors. Put them in the box that you got from Seneschal Aldikar at the beginning of the quest and remember to combine them. You will need to turn in the full Box of the Guilty and your Velium Coldain Insignia Ring directly to Dain Frosteaver IV himself. This can be a bitch because Dain is on a 7 day timer and uber guilds who are KoS to Coldain are all over him. Whenever you find Dain up, hand over the items to receive your Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring at long last. A faction level of dubious or higher is all you need. In return you will not only receive the ring, but also a no drop Dirk of the Dain, a nice piercing weapon. This is actually the Dirk of the Traitor but the curse has been removed. Return the Dirk of the Dain back to Dain right away and you will not only receive the Dirk back, but also a Declaration of War. You should never ever destroy the Dirk of the Dain, even if you won't use it.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks nilbog! Do you know if this was broke or if the faction level was previously set to require higher than apprehensive?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Project Manager

It was previously set to require indifferent or better.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks - hand-in worked! Dain ate the dagger though for the 10th ring war. was he set to give this back since the quest isn't finished?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311junkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks - hand-in worked! Dain ate the dagger though for the 10th ring war. was he set to give this back since the quest isn't finished?
The dirk handin is written to require warmly or better. If it's wrong, will need research/evidence to the contrary.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks nilbog. All the research i've found suggests the hand-in should be at high warmly or ally, so I believe it is working propertly. Would you be able to re-summon the dirk of the dain to Riallus on beta and I'll try with warmly? Is the 10th ring script still being worked on?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311junkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks nilbog. All the research i've found suggests the hand-in should be at high warmly or ally, so I believe it is working propertly. Would you be able to re-summon the dirk of the dain to Riallus on beta and I'll try with warmly?
Yeah, just ask any gm you see on.

Quote:
Is the 10th ring script still being worked on?
It is. Until it is complete, Sentry Badain will return the quest items handed to him, with a message "10th ring is not yet completed, take this back".
Old 12-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dirk handin is written to require warmly or better. If it's wrong, will need research/evidence to the contrary.
Warmly works. Been searching if this is the min faction required but for now this seems to be functioning as warmly as the dirk was returned with proper dialogue and saying the phrase "You can count on my help" working to produce the declaration of war.

10th ring.jpg

Badain does in fact reject the declaration for now with "10th ring is not yet completed". Looking forward to testing out the war soon
Old 12-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

doesnt he give you like a scroll with DA you can recharge too? or is that when you receive the 10th?
Closed Thread