Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-22-2024, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

the only underplayed classes are the classes ppl dont generally want anyway. Theres not really like a "this class is OP if played well but its got a high skill floor". All classes in this game are close to brain dead simple to play.

Some guilds will occasionally complain about lack of Divine Strength from paladins i guess. So probably that but even then its not like theyll be throwing dkp packages at you because youre x class.

And youll probably get alot of groups as a cleric just because healer, but at the top end every guild is flooded with cleric bots and most players eventually make their own pocket rezzer anyway so theres far far farrrr from a shortage of clerics.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-22-2024, 02:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey everyone thanks for the advice and feedback. I began a Necro Ikky, on Green and have played a few 3hr sessions. So far and I have had a blast! I got to level 9 and have found several other necros hanging out in the pit to group with. I really enjoy the classic feel of the game. Two quick questions. 1. Who are the leveling guilds and how do I join them? 2. If there is no general chat how on earth do I find people outside of my current zone to group with or chat with? Thanks again everyone for the feedback and if you ever run across a Necro named Lucidi that's me!
Old 02-22-2024, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaakkarott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone thanks for the advice and feedback. I began a Necro Ikky, on Green and have played a few 3hr sessions. So far and I have had a blast! I got to level 9 and have found several other necros hanging out in the pit to group with. I really enjoy the classic feel of the game. Two quick questions. 1. Who are the leveling guilds and how do I join them? 2. If there is no general chat how on earth do I find people outside of my current zone to group with or chat with? Thanks again everyone for the feedback and if you ever run across a Necro named Lucidi that's me!
You may recall from old school EQ that for grouping you just have to put /lfg on and hope someone messages you or go to the zone you want to group in and put LFG in /ooc periodically (assuming there are groups going on in the zone). Sometimes doing a /who for specific classes and a level range and sending people random tells can be productive in getting a leveling group going.

There is global guild chat once you're in a guild. But no global general chat.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaakkarott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also /who all is a good tool

just / should bring up a list of people in your current zone

say you're level 20 and want to group, can do "/who all 18 22" and that will give you all the folks in that level range....can send em a tell and see whats up

and /ooc is zone wide chat
Old 02-22-2024, 04:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Excellent, I had forgotten about those tools. I will give that a go. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:46 PM
Skeleton

/ all 18 22 works the same. It does need the space.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

OP, it might interest you to do “/who all ranger count,” “/who all druid count,” etc. You can check the numbers. Wait til you see enchanter and necro, oh boy. Though some classes are unpopular for reasons. Anyway, maybe those stats will be food for though.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:32 AM
Sarnak

Don't worry about raiding. Guilds will take just about any high level character and you can always play cleric bots too if your main is useless. Outside of dork monks and warriors who typically do key things like tanking you really can't make or break (without effort) most fights, well unless maybe you fuck up the heal chain as a cleric. Guilds generally do however want rogues, clerics, dragonbane wizards and I find there's always people asking for another chanter or two.

For groups I'd say anything goes outside of wizards and druids and maybe rangers and necros even though rangers and necros can be legit good in groups (especially if ranger is geared). I'd say enchanter and cleric is still king. Most of the time you don't actually need a tank when lvl 30 monks run around with 200kpp worth of gear.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Its often classes that ‘have no raid role’ which I find missing from raids. Things like paladins, rangers, even shaman and enchanters. Of course the truth is these do have valuable raid roles, but people don’t want to be boosting other players tanking or dps when they could just bring their own chart topping dps instead.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-23-2024, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its often classes that ‘have no raid role’ which I find missing from raids. Things like paladins, rangers, even shaman and enchanters. Of course the truth is these do have valuable raid roles, but people don’t want to be boosting other players tanking or dps when they could just bring their own chart topping dps instead.
wat