Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Orc

Default Shaman Leveling Spells

Hello,

Been only 5 days back in after an 18 year hiatus, and having a blast!

The limit of 8 spells on the bar is a challenge. Any advice for what spell lines tend to be most useful in certain level ranges?

I usually solo or duo/trio with a rogue and monk, and we sometimes join or start pugs. I feel lost as to what spells and role I should use in each scenario: solo, small group/duo, and full group.

When I need to heal the answer has been clear, but when we have a cleric I don't know what's expected of me. We kill too fast for dots right now, and when we camp red mobs my slows don't land. So I just sow, bash, and heal when needed.

I change my bar around constantly and I know that comes with the territory, but I would like to learn how other shaman run their spell bars, or how they did when leveling.

I am 21 right now of that helps illustrate my choices.

Thanks all!
Old 04-03-2020, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

In general I do:

Canni (when you get it)
Root
Slow
Dot (poison)
Healing spell
Buff slot (swap out for whats needed)
Buff slot (swap out for whats needed)
SOW

Usually I run around with the 2 buff slots haste and regen when not buffing stats. When I'm in a dungeon or doing something kinda dodgy I'll Sow myself and team and swap that slot out for gate. Because ya know...

I'm sure there are other opinions on it. Just my scrubby load-out.

PS: Having canni in spot 1 is very important. With an instant click item it helps to reset the global cool down and shaves about half a second off the canni time. The other slots aren't like #1. Some classes put root or ench's put lvl 4 mez there very often for that reason.
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-03-2020 at 03:00 PM..
Old 04-03-2020, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, re-read.

Yea in the low levels most slows (except maybe Walking Sleep) are less handy. Stuff dies pretty quick and they dont hit too hard. Inner Fire or healing for people who need it.

The bar above has been my solo setup for a very long time. Sometimes those temp buff slots are changed to extra dots, nukes, or a longer duration root once avail. Just kinda depends what you are trying to kill.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Orc

Thanks Snaggles, I appreciate it. Your bar looks exactly like mine right now at 21 except I have my strongest nuke on instead of canni until 24. Ill probably keep the nuke and have 1 flex buff spot that I keep on, or throw another dot there if Im solo root rooting.

Thanks for giving an aspiring shammy some pointers! I can't wait to get my canni dancing shoes on in a couple more levels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Glad to help! Glad to hear some other pointers if people have them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only other thing I might say is that the ramp for shamans is slow. About level 29/34 though they really start to shine and after that they get quite godly. Patience pays off in spades.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:06 PM
Orc

good to hear! If there's one thing required for this game it is patience. I'm shooting for 60 and my epic, so without patience I'm screwed already, heh.
Closed Thread