Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Kobold

Default Classes Needed for Trunt & Deep / Vorash / Xenevorash Fights

Howdy! Looking for some advice. I imagine there might be a range of responses and I'm thankful for any of them. How many people do would you bring to the following fights? What classes are necessary? Assume that most people would be 60 and geared well (not vp).

a) Trunt
b) Deep / Vorash / Xenevorash

Thanks in advance for your time!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Banned

60 monk and a cleric with a donal's BP can kill trunt easily

you don't have to kill deep

xenevorash can be done with 2 groups, just need a 60 tank, a cleric or two, DPS

a bard helps a lot on xenevorash, too, since he does an AoE magic based stun(can avoid it by standing at max melee range)
Old 10-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Trunt 1 60 tank/melee + BP cleric or 1 60 tank, cleric and DPS.

Vorash and Xeno can be done with 60 war and BP cleric. Much easier with an extra DPS and backup healer. Can be 1 grouped with no BP if you do tank, 2 clerics, torpor shaman, 2 DPS... Atleast I think that could do it.

BP cleric + High level tank/monk trivializes the majority of the monk epic. Since most of those fights are Magic immune, just melee damage on tank and BP click for free heals.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Banned

Your responses are spot on.

Assuming most people are 60 with decent gear as you said. Also assuming you're not looking to just skate by, but want a 100% kill.

Trunt: You, tank, cleric, cleric, 1 melee dps. A BP cleric can replace two clerics. Topor Shaman can sub for cleric.

Xeno: You, tank, cleric, cleric, melee dps, melee dps. 1 person to kite Deep. I would also prefer a Shaman for buffs -- and Topor would be nice too. A BP cleric can replace two clerics. As was mentioned, max melee range is important.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your responses are spot on.

Assuming most people are 60 with decent gear as you said. Also assuming you're not looking to just skate by, but want a 100% kill.

Trunt: You, tank, cleric, cleric, 1 melee dps. A BP cleric can replace two clerics. Topor Shaman can sub for cleric.

Xeno: You, tank, cleric, cleric, melee dps, melee dps. 1 person to kite Deep. I would also prefer a Shaman for buffs -- and Topor would be nice too. A BP cleric can replace two clerics. As was mentioned, max melee range is important.
With sneak pull being easy mode now you probably dont even need to kite deep
Old 10-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Kobold

Daldaen, Kayso, Lojik - thank you for the feedback.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Somewhat unrelated, but I don't want to be the guy with a million active threads:

Has anyone had a bad experience with Lheao in Timorous Deep?

Quote:
( ) Find Lheao in the hidden cove in Timorous Deep. Turn in Danl's Reference and Robe of the Whistling Fists to get Celestial Fists (book).
My turn in of the robe and the reference resulted in nada this morning (just me, no MQ). I have a petition in (forums), but I imagine (and understand) that might not be the highest of priorities.

I don't know. Seeing as I (think) I did everything correctly, I thought I'd post something publicly + warn others to maybe hold off doing that portion of the quest right now?

Or maybe I just totally blew it and everything's fine (with Lheao). Certainly hope not!
Old 11-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Possible issues with that turn in:

Did you turn in Danl's Reference and not Immortals (some people don't remember you had to go to Erudin to get that Reference)
Did you turn in a Robe of Lost Circle (quest with Raster/Targin) instead of the Whistling Fists (Lost Circle + 2 Pipes), same graphic in inventory?
Did you maybe turn into wrong erudite in that area, Omat is nearby too?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Hey Daldaen - thanks for responding.

All good ideas!

- was definitely danl's reference (torn page looking)
- was definitely whistling fists (im sans my clicky now! =p)
- Omat was nearby, but my guy was definitely Lhaeo.
Closed Thread