Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs up New Player - Hai and a Question!

Herro everyone! I don't really know what to say my name is. Once upon a time, on EQ (Tholuxe Paells), it was Dirana. Same story on WoW (Durotan), Aion (Israphel), and DAoC (can't remember). On WAR (Magnus) I was called Tessie.

As far as EQ goes, it was my first and last passionate love for an MMORPG. I played a ranger hard-core for about 6 years (starting with the release of Kunark when I was way too young, haha) and spent another 2 just goofing around. I leveled up and epic'd a cleric alt, and inherited a lvl 65 Mage and 65 Necro around the time GoD/OoW came out.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So, I can't even begin to express how FREAKING EXCITED I am to have discovered p1999!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Besides making my first hellos to my new server-mates, I have oooone little question. How is the class balance on the servers? As in, which classes are in high demand, and which are totally flooded?

I found a thread from December of last year talking about the tank shortage, but since it's such an old thread, I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

If you can give me any feedback I would greatly appreciate it! I hope to be in game by this afternoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks all, and nice to meet yous!!!!

- w}i{ngz
Last edited by w1ngz; 03-15-2010 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: typos -- woooopsie
Old 03-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Aviak

Ouch my eyes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Hi and welcome to the server! I haven't been around long enough to say what classes are in demand. My personal advice is to roll a character which you would like to play and go for it! If you know your stuff, play the class well and aren't a jerk towards others then you will build up a solid reputation and never have issues grouping. I went with an enchanter because that was the class which I loved to play in EQ Live. I heard that there's a lot of enchanters but I'm not worried. I'm having fun and have done well with people I 've grouped with!

BTW, you used some very small font which is difficult to read.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-----------------------
Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

Welcome!
Striiker is right on -- play a class that you're going to enjoy. I think most every class is represented by now in some capacity. But if you really really want to fit a need, then check with the guilds that are active as to what they need. I think the guild recruitment forum has a bunch of guilds and what classes they are recruiting.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Just going from the spam I see in ooc, I see the most requests for tanks, followed by healers (you know they really mean cleric), and the occasional DPS or CC.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks guys! I've narrowed it down to ranger, bard, or cleric, lol. But, did I read somewhere that bards are currently very buggy?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys! I've narrowed it down to ranger, bard, or cleric, lol. But, did I read somewhere that bards are currently very buggy?
They have some problems with their songs but I believe the Dev's are working on most of those now. There should be a thread going in the Bug section about it.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

As of level 16 last night my biggest issue has been finding healers.
Though I don't think these levels are a terribly good indicator, I thought you might like to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Default My Impression

I just got on last night for the first time. I did a /Who All for all classes last night and tonight. Seems there are plenty of Enchanters, Mages, Shaman, and Druids. Hybrid classes were few and far between.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

you'd have to be either committed or unaware to play a hybrid as your first toon
Closed Thread