Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so who else wants to kill pd?
🙋*♂️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pffft hard no.

crawl is for nostalgia and fun, not for every week crawls. The whole reason you pull a dragon to ent and kill it is because its faster then clearing to it. Same reason you put a coth mage on a dragon spawn and coth your puller in rather then run to the dragon from zone line.
The real reason mobs are pulled to the zone is FTE. It's not necessarily easier to pull the mob to the zone, but you can't clear to the mob, another guild will just pass you or let you clear right up to the mob and .... FTE. You cannot afford to move to the target because someone else will send a single person and... FTE. Want to kill Lodi, join the other 25 pets in the water and... FTE. Ragefire? Suicide run to the merchant and... FTE. On and on and on. As long as we have FTE the entire raiding scene on P99 is broken, not working as intended, and certainly not "Classic".

On classic I have participated in a raid to kill every raid mob on P99 during their current time period (not raiding ToV in PoP gear), not once were any of them pulled to a zoneline or even more than a few feet from their spawn point.

All this thousands of pp worth of expendables, crazy pull-a-train this way while I go that way, hell even the fact that Aftermath has to have their own practice server to pull this off is because of FTE. (I don't recall a Black Company practice server on Tarew Marr back in the day, then again we didn't fight fekkin dragons at the zone-in either.)

No I don't have a solution. Maybe we should just consider trying something different. What was wrong with the old 30 minute (or even longer) rule where you couldn't engage another raid mob for a certain time after you killed the last one? Why not an hour? Two?
Old 04-20-2018, 01:30 AM
Kobold

It's definitely easier to pull the mobs to the zone for the most part.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

This is just going to turn into a major dramatic nightmare. Loot isn’t going to be properly controlled, player 40 will win an item and then player 589 will ninja loot it and no one will be able to tell who did what. You can petition but it isn’t gonna do any good. Basically there’s not gonna be a good way to handle loot with this many greedy people in one place. It will be like the Paradox open raids except way worse because it’s sweet NToV gear instead of super average Thurgadin armor.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just going to turn into a major dramatic nightmare. Loot isn’t going to be properly controlled, player 40 will win an item and then player 589 will ninja loot it and no one will be able to tell who did what. You can petition but it isn’t gonna do any good. Basically there’s not gonna be a good way to handle loot with this many greedy people in one place. It will be like the Paradox open raids except way worse because it’s sweet NToV gear instead of super average Thurgadin armor.
Your right. Probably better off AM just kills everything so the casuals don’t have to worry about crying over loot... or wait.

Shout out to Hyjal for turning down free mobs and an opportunity for the server to work together. Hopefully is idiocracy is paid out with 0 mobs.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoyed raiding this content in 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was wrong with the old 30 minute (or even longer) rule where you couldn't engage another raid mob for a certain time after you killed the last one? Why not an hour? Two?
Because everyone it benefited refused to do it.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because everyone it benefited refused to do it.
I don't understand. The rule simply wasn't followed? No one took advantage of the time available to engage a mob while another guild was "cooling off"? Not quite sure what you mean.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand. The rule simply wasn't followed? No one took advantage of the time available to engage a mob while another guild was "cooling off"? Not quite sure what you mean.
The rule was followed by all that showed up, which were the two raid guilds. Everyone else that the rule was put into place for never or rarely showed up to participate. The complaint was that waiting around for 0 to 16 hours to FTE a mob and then have a guaranteed hour to gather forces to make an attempt wasn't good enough.

EDIT and by not good enough I mean it wasn't enough time to gather versus the amount of time spent by the FTE racers, so it was a timesink/burnout for a lot of guilds.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule was followed by all that showed up, which were the two raid guilds. Everyone else that the rule was put into place for never or rarely showed up to participate. The complaint was that waiting around for 0 to 16 hours to FTE a mob and then have a guaranteed hour to gather forces to make an attempt wasn't good enough.

EDIT and by not good enough I mean it wasn't enough time to gather versus the amount of time spent by the FTE racers, so it was a timesink/burnout for a lot of guilds.
This is a very bias'd and incorrect view, in general I think most people outside a/a liked hour lockouts. It drastically reduced the overall man power needed to pull dragons, and several guilds took advantage of that.

The server was far more competitive during hour lockouts than it is now, which is why a/a pushed to get rid of those rules.
Closed Thread