Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

I'm in ALS so I am not allowed to take any tips or donations for ports. That said, I can't believe how often I am sent a tell asking if I can port for donation or how many trade windows I have had to cancel. I thought with dial-a-port around that making pp porting as a non-DAP druid would be difficult but I that is certainly not the case.

A druid can certainly make money porting around as well as PL for PP. Even though I can't/won't do either I have found that making money as a druid the old fashion way is real easy once you hit lvl 30. I started soloing giants at the FM fort and was eventually quading them till I hit 39. Then I moved to DL and started quading yetis. I did that till 47. Between the yetis and giants I have made thousands of PP just leveling myself.

So I highly advise making a Druid. They are a fun to play, easy to solo with and easy to accumulate plat with.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in ALS so I am not allowed to take any tips or donations for ports.
The fuck is wrong with this guild?
Old 04-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

The Vegans of Norrath man.
Can't say two sentences without mentionning how they are in ALS and so proud of it :P
Old 04-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in ALS so I am not allowed to take any tips or donations for ports. That said, I can't believe how often I am sent a tell asking if I can port for donation or how many trade windows I have had to cancel. I thought with dial-a-port around that making pp porting as a non-DAP druid would be difficult but I that is certainly not the case.

A druid can certainly make money porting around as well as PL for PP. Even though I can't/won't do either I have found that making money as a druid the old fashion way is real easy once you hit lvl 30. I started soloing giants at the FM fort and was eventually quading them till I hit 39. Then I moved to DL and started quading yetis. I did that till 47. Between the yetis and giants I have made thousands of PP just leveling myself.

So I highly advise making a Druid. They are a fun to play, easy to solo with and easy to accumulate plat with.
Will you get in trouble if I give you an unsolicited tip and you accept?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fuck is wrong with this guild?
A better question is why can we take donations from guild members but not from non-guild members? It would make more sense to me to either reverse that or just say you can't take donations from anyone. So subsequently I don't take tips from anyone and give everybody free ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Vegans of Norrath man.
Can't say two sentences without mentionning how they are in ALS and so proud of it :P
Hey! I resemble that remark :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you get in trouble if I give you an unsolicited tip and you accept?
Probably not since they would never know unless I was dumb enough to talk about in guild chat. In a way we are kind of on the honor system when it comes to that for that very reason. But I would know and that is unacceptable to me because I signed up for this and gave my word which means something to me.

So everyone gets free ports, free sows, free item transfers, ect. I had an unguilded player yesterday give me 40K pp and a bag of items to transfer from one character to another. I never would have given 40K pp to a player I didn't know. But he did it because I had a ALS guild tag. It's pretty well known server wide that we have strict rules of honor and conduct so people trust us. Go figure.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Banned

Maybe I'll take you guys up on this. I haven't transferred items in years cause I'm paranoid someone will steal.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I'll take you guys up on this. I haven't transferred items in years cause I'm paranoid someone will steal.
Send me a tell in game and I would be happy to help you out.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Large Bat

Majority of the times I've transferred pp or items it was a total stranger. I just seek out a level 60 with an epic in hand or a notable guild tag. I figured it would not be in someone's best interest, with all that invested, to rip off lil ole me.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:11 AM
Aviak

I main Camillo druid and Akahdrin wizard. I have never auctioned for ports, yet I make pretty good money. If some ever asks I usually give them a price depending how busy I am. 50 if not really, 100 if sorta, 150 if I am busy and I have to do pick ups. I tend to Port the same people over and over for 50-150 per port.

Granted I make a lot more money actively trying to farm than you guys are talking about.