Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sell the T staff and get your monk a Fungi, IFS, and Sash of the Dragonborn.
What’s an IFS?
Old 04-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Okay cool, I’ll look to grab one of those weps as well
Old 04-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Kobold

People frequently sell Fungi's for 41-42k though if you're /auc'ing WTB, which is why I suggested selling and buying a fungi and then a Peacebringer. The wu's staff I suggested is great, but Staff of Battle is only a little more and hits a lot harder so it'd serve you well for sure. Honestly I think you're best with that and then if you have 1-2k left over get some silver chitin hand wraps for that cheap haste. Those will last you until you get your epic for sure.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I was wondering about that too:

Something doesn't add up there. I mean, I realize that there are some very nice older players who give out items to lowbies, and I personally have both received and given away a JBB to/from a complete stranger.

But a TStaff is like 4-5x the price of a JBB, and whenever someone gives a similarly priced item away (eg. a fungi) it's usually a big server-wide production, not a quiet hand-off to a n00b who is a complete stranger.

So was OP just insanely lucky, and just happened to get (quietly) given a 45k item by a complete stranger? Or did he "win" the TStaff by paying for it IRL? Inquiring minds want to know.
Just in case you missed my reply, I won it on my 54 bard
Old 04-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

try to fight 30 mins with Fungi + Bare Hands, then 30 mins with T-Staff + bare chest and tell us what you think! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

or you can skip this part and buy a fungi because it's just a 1000 times better.
enjoy!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can only have one or the other,

Fungi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T staff

T staff is cool, but it doesn't massively enhance your game like fungi does

Fungi means you're ticking your life back almost as fast as you're losing it unless you insist on fighting high lvl monsters. It means you can solo to 60 effortlessly doing literally anything you want anytime you want. It means you can FD, take a piss, and come back at full HP and ready to tank 2 mobs at once, not that you need to because you're a monk and have FD. It means you will *never* need a group again, but it does let you powerlevel your shaman buddy or whoever *you choose* to leach your exp. It means you never need to say "add me to list plz" because you can just do the entire camp without needing a group. T staff does none of that. It just marginally outperforms other, slightly worse weapons.
Heh, my brother is actually the mnk so I’d be handing it off to him to use till 50+, he’s brand new to EQ so he’s going to get a kick out of it.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Make sure he doesn't think it's a cloth shirt and vendor it. That's an awfully generous gift to give your brother if you're just starting out. It's also an incredibly valuable tool to your shaman as it helps keep the mana flowing with canni. You'll want to use it too until you get Torpor if he's offline.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womp824 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure he doesn't think it's a cloth shirt and vendor it. That's an awfully generous gift to give your brother if you're just starting out. It's also an incredibly valuable tool to your shaman as it helps keep the mana flowing with canni. You'll want to use it too until you get Torpor if he's offline.
Plan is to only play our shammy/mnk combo together.. so I’ll benifit just as much with him wearing .
Closed Thread