Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken has a good point though. Honestly, do you really need a program that keeps track of an 18 year old games buffs/dots? I mean, is it really that complicated?

I think we have become so reliant on apps and having glitchy constant beeps and shit IRL now that even the ancient unsullied wondrous game we know as Everquest needs to have additional outside stimulation for some people.

I agree. Feelsbadman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These kids nowadays. Get OFF my goddamn LAWN.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, is it really that complicated?
yes, i'm easily confused.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time someone cites the age of the game as if it is relevant is really cringey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mentioned the age of the game because it's relevant to the comment I made and not for the sake of elf forumquest novelty. Sorry if that went over your head, nerd. Cringe on that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Kobold

the dream is for classic UI, lets be honest here

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2017, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Goddammit I'm chubbin' over here. That would make P99 complete for sure.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Sirken has a good point though. Honestly, do you really need a program that keeps track of an 18 year old games buffs/dots? I mean, is it really that complicated?

I think we have become so reliant on apps and having glitchy constant beeps and shit IRL now that even the ancient unsullied wondrous game we know as Everquest needs to have additional outside stimulation for some people.

I agree. Feelsbadman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many Luddites on this server. (I will give you troglodytes a second to Google Luddite (and troglodyte.)) There are two kinds of players. The good and the bad. You can be good, and use external sources to augment your gameplay. Just like you can be a shitshow and use the same program to no avail. A good player isn't determined by the tools at their disposal, but rather how well they implement said tools, be they purely classic or external assistance. If you are a bad player, using GINA will not make you good. If you are a good player, refusing to use GINA won't make you bad.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

velious ui or bust
Old 11-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Server GM

Quote:

Paging Haynar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many Luddites on this server. (I will give you troglodytes a second to Google Luddite (and troglodyte.)) There are two kinds of players. The good and the bad. You can be good, and use external sources to augment your gameplay. Just like you can be a shitshow and use the same program to no avail. A good player isn't determined by the tools at their disposal, but rather how well they implement said tools, be they purely classic or external assistance. If you are a bad player, using GINA will not make you good. If you are a good player, refusing to use GINA won't make you bad.
I never said GINA makes people good or bad players, if that's how it sounded I didn't mean it that way. I honestly feel like we are overstimulated now with technology. If our eyes aren't seeing blips and shinies everywhere, we are bored.

I think many use apps for games to improve their gameplay, but I also think there is a subconscious facet to the draw of adding as many external sources to our games, that being the addition of more stimulation.

I agree with GINA not making you a good player and vice versa too, good players are good due to practice and ability to learn a game, not because they add some app to the game. I seen many awful PVPers who used voice on other games thinking that it would make them unstoppable, while I was in PVP groups not using voice and we did great because we all played our classes well and knew the game well. Voice would have made some things easier, but it was not needed for us to be successful.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paging Haynar
This should happen. ^
Closed Thread