Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iskar and Necro is the only class combo where I think you are foolish if you ignore it. Literally any other class/race combination I can get get behind. For example I made my monk Human and he is level 60 and I am happy with my choice still.
That amusing to me, because IMO its Iksar Monk thats the main "obviously this is WAY better" selection out there, and only because its a melee only class, so ANY extra ability (in this case, regen) tips the scales really heavily.

Just like if I was gonna make a Warrior, the ONLY race I'd ever choose is Troll, for the same reasons as Iksar Monk.

When you have access to magic, like every other class beyond those two and rogue, it matters much less which race you pick, as your spells are the main factor. When it comes to melee ONLY, any other factors mean so much more to them.

I tried to talk myself into a Human Monk for awhile, after seeing a lot of them running around, I decided screw it and that I would go female Iksar (as it more rare than Human Monk any gender), when I finally DO roll my monk some day.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGenda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For example, it is convenient for a new gnome necro to xp in crushbone, which will lower neriak guard factions, but does that matter? You could still invis to the bank or spell vendors if you needed to go to neriak? I know part of the necro epic involves handing in an item to a dark elf npc but not sure if it would be on that faction or not.
Killing in CB lowers Indigo Brotherhood, the DE warrior guild. Unless you're a DE warrior who needs to get into your guild to train, it doesn't really matter unless you're into RP.

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific regarding which factions for a proper answer.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Kobold

As a DEF who was lured to CB before he knew about faction issues, I'm still welcomed in Neriak by guards, merchants and maidens alike, save the Warrior guild master as Sorn posted above. That includes all the way down to the 3rd Gate and into The Cleric and Necromancer guildhalls. CB orcs are on Indigo Brotherhood faction. Most of the rest of Neriak is The Dead, Dark Bargainers or Dreadguard Inner (outer for Exterior guards in Nektulos Forest).
Old 05-18-2017, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) If you have made a non-Iskar necro you need yo re-roll immediately
Nah
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2017, 03:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

Iksar necros are min/max hipster trash. Gnome necro is the best and only necro worth playing.

actually.. gnome anything > all

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 05-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar necros are min/max hipster trash. Gnome necro is the best and only necro worth playing.

I'm about to bash you for that opinion. Can I get banned for that too?

You have a terrible opinion.

DE FTW

Consider yourself bashed Ho-bag.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

I do have a Gnome wizard. Thats the way to go. Gnome anything else is for Ho-bags.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can you put a level 1 gnome monk on to one of my accounts please?

Preferred name: Skatergnome!

I'd even take it on red if that is how it has to be.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-18-2017 at 04:42 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You kill them, you become them.
Necromongers - You keep what you kill.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

@OP

Don't kill your minions of scale(kunark wyverns, wurms, etc), sirens grotto, velketor himself(killing his minions is ok, no faction hit), or chetari(most of the DN micemen).

Also get your thurg robe before you go pro giant, in velious.

keeping these allows you to be a helpful puller with certain illusions and the faction clickie neck

being kos in outpost isnt too big of a deal, you can still FD outside the bank and use bank. You dont want to sell things in outpost as they are half-off merchants. meaning they buy from you for half what other merchants do. Like was mentioned by a previous poster, once you get your spells purchased and banked you can thrash that faction.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread