Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Default So Glad I Don't Play Blizzard Games Anymore

https://www.cnet.com/news/blizzard-r...kong-protests/

TLDR;
Some guy said one sentence about Hong Kong after winning a Hearthstone tournament, and they DQed him and banned him for a year. They also took away his prize money, but didn't give it to the second place finisher, and they banned two streamers, who had no idea the guy was even going to say anything.

Fucking traitor commie company will do anything China wants: no American values or spine.

P.S. The first website I ever created, back in like '97 or '98, was a Warcraft 2 fan site. I used to LOVE that company, and I'm both angry and sad at how far they've fallen.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-08-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Activision pretty much ruined Blizzard when they bought them. They dropped the ball so badly with classic WoW, I am not sure I will ever be able to trust them again.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Banned

they're just being patriotic OP. USA government is looking the other way on Hong kong. ��
Old 10-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Banned

the blizzard we grew up with died a long time ago
was really annoyed when skeletons graphics were removed from LoL, DoTA 2
thanks a lot China
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

No surprise here.

In diablo 2 there were a bunch of Asian hackers who were abusing all sorts of hacks on BNET and doing things like "popping corpses" after auto flagging people for pvp. in EQ it would be comparable to instantly flagging you for a duel, instantly killing you with a hack, and then the hacker being able to loot ALL of your items.

They lied nonstop in the forums that people were mistaken and there was no hacking going on. Once I posted absolute proof that showed an entire encounter of these hackers using these very hacks. Net result? I get suspended and post deleted within minutes.

Then you had WOW, where for the longest time they let Chinese farmers completely destroy server economies. These weren't just bot farmers either but people using blatant hacking. I caught tons of them hacking all over as I would watch them hidden on my rogue, and reported them for months and even recorded their behaviors and never did it seem they ever got banned. They just went on hacking/botting. I had even posted videos and such with links so people could see the things they were doing.

But they eventually banned me because I killed some raid mobs with my guild before "we were supposed to". (molten core). No hacks , no cheats. We just pulled and killed them. Oh, and guess what, I was the only one in the guild banned for it. Hah. And I knew exactly why.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No surprise here.

In diablo 2 there were a bunch of Asian hackers who were abusing all sorts of hacks on BNET and doing things like "popping corpses" after auto flagging people for pvp. in EQ it would be comparable to instantly flagging you for a duel, instantly killing you with a hack, and then the hacker being able to loot ALL of your items.

They lied nonstop in the forums that people were mistaken and there was no hacking going on. Once I posted absolute proof that showed an entire encounter of these hackers using these very hacks. Net result? I get suspended and post deleted within minutes.

Then you had WOW, where for the longest time they let Chinese farmers completely destroy server economies. These weren't just bot farmers either but people using blatant hacking. I caught tons of them hacking all over as I would watch them hidden on my rogue, and reported them for months and even recorded their behaviors and never did it seem they ever got banned. They just went on hacking/botting. I had even posted videos and such with links so people could see the things they were doing.

But they eventually banned me because I killed some raid mobs with my guild before "we were supposed to". (molten core). No hacks , no cheats. We just pulled and killed them. Oh, and guess what, I was the only one in the guild banned for it. Hah. And I knew exactly why.
Damn! I knew about WoW gold farmers and Diablo cheats (I feel like almost everyone who played those games did), but I always assumed they were trying to do something about them and just were ineffectual.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn! I knew about WoW gold farmers and Diablo cheats (I feel like almost everyone who played those games did), but I always assumed they were trying to do something about them and just were ineffectual.
I think that is what Blizzard wanted you to believe...
Old 10-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Capitalism chases the dollar. China is a money well of incredible proportions, probably with the most potential in the world.

This shouldn't surprise you. China is using the greed inherent in our entire system and culture to its advantage. It's a feature, not a bug.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Capitalism chases the dollar. China is a money well of incredible proportions, probably with the most potential in the world.

This shouldn't surprise you. China is using the greed inherent in our entire system and culture to its advantage. It's a feature, not a bug.
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
The business of America is business
Closed Thread