Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should both servers be wiped every 993days?
No - I prefer I completely unclassic 10 year time line to gear out my 99 alts 440 52.38%
Yes - I would play on a classic Everquest 993d lifespan server including end of timeline wipe 400 47.62%
Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

sorry to tell you but a wipe isn't going to solve all of the problems

the experience is going to be 10x worse than you could ever imagine, and the complaints due to the amount of neckbearding going on is going to increase exponentially

bonus: sleeper is going to get woke even sooner

hope this helps

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:10 PM
Banned

I think merge red and blue and open green (correct timelines etc) I believe this is the consensus of most people.

As a side note when Cdox 2.0 (tm soon) gets released the average joe wont be seeing that zone for a long time. There is literally 1,000 players who will be heading to a zone that can support 5-6-7 groups.
Last edited by White_knight; 08-28-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Old 09-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry to tell you but a wipe isn't going to solve all of the problems

the experience is going to be 10x worse than you could ever imagine, and the complaints due to the amount of neckbearding going on is going to increase exponentially

bonus: sleeper is going to get woke even sooner

hope this helps
At this point I'd love to see a new server just for the sake of seeing what a shit show it would be.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

Pro server wipes. server should be wiped every few years.
But, i get that some people dont want that. Id like to see a new server that gets wiped when the timeline is done while leaving blue to do blue stuff. Best of both worlds. thats as good as it will get.

but it wont happen.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Wow, this is closer than I thought it would be.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Kobold

I have a possible and reasonable solution to all this. The question is whether the reason for a server reset is because of too many high level alts or the server economy in general.

One way would be to partially reset the server by allowing only 1 character of your choice per account and the rest deleted.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. I enjoy it just the way it is. Poll's leaning pretty heavily towards No even though you worded it with bias towards Yes.
^_^
Old 10-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

The community has decided, wipe it clean
Old 10-26-2018, 06:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Server Wipe = poop sock fest.

As the title says, if the server was wiped or made new, you would NEVER get a good camp without complete luck, People would poop sock camps for a year straight trading back and forth with friends/other camps. You think its hard to get jboot AC camp atm? It would be near impossible to get it with a fresh wipe, most everyone would be forced to buy them for a stupid price since its still new and needed by all. But ya new server sounds good but comes with alot of drawbacks if you arnt 1 of the HARDCORES.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how much fear this topic reveals. Just the mention of losing pixels immediately activates the fight or flight response.
This lol.
I think it'd be better if they released another server instead of wiping though just due to the existential crisis some people would have from losing their pixels.

Edit: Obviously not going to happen just saying in a perfect world.
Closed Thread