Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... and probably the best CC abilities in probably any MMO ever. Plus second the best slow.
Controllers in City of Heroes had EQ enchanters beat. They were what an EQ enchanter would be if it had unlimited mana, unlimited spell gems, 1 second cast times on all their spells and the ability to self heal.

Everything in City of Heroes was massively overpowered though. Tanks with 90% damage resistance to everything. Defenders that could give the entire team a 90% dodge rate vs. most attacks. But since there were difficulty sliders to crank up the difficulty, and NPCs also got access to a lot of broken stuff, it ended up actually balancing out pretty well.

God I miss that game so much sometimes.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Controllers in City of Heroes had EQ enchanters beat. They were what an EQ enchanter would be if it had unlimited mana, unlimited spell gems, 1 second cast times on all their spells and the ability to self heal.

Everything in City of Heroes was massively overpowered though. Tanks with 90% damage resistance to everything. Defenders that could give the entire team a 90% dodge rate vs. most attacks. But since there were difficulty sliders to crank up the difficulty, and NPCs also got access to a lot of broken stuff, it ended up actually balancing out pretty well.

God I miss that game so much sometimes.
CoH was fun for awhile no doubt.

Bureaucrats in Anarchy Online deserve a special mention as well.

A short duration charm, a long duration charm, and a summoned pet.

Gonna send my people in on that mob!
Old 10-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter might be a fun class for you but I bet your most hated class was reading, and you probably hate LeVar Burton as well
Lmfao I just saw this. I apologize if my poorly written response offended you. I wrote it while doing 15 different things at work, and forgot to have my editor proofread before I hit submit.

BUTTERFLYYYYYYYY IN THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 10-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmfao I just saw this. I apologize if my poorly written response offended you. I wrote it while doing 15 different things at work, and forgot to have my editor proofread before I hit submit.

BUTTERFLYYYYYYYY IN THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYY
No No, I wasn't offended, I was joking because you suggested enchanter, wondering why nobody suggested enchanter, when the TC asked for answers besides enchanter. Lol
Old 10-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No No, I wasn't offended, I was joking because you suggested enchanter, wondering why nobody suggested enchanter, when the TC asked for answers besides enchanter. Lol
ADHD is a hell of a drug =P
Old 10-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Kobold

I'm probably gonna be in the minority here and say cleric. We always have a role in groups and raids. Maybe it takes the right personality because I know most people find the rotation healing dull, but it does require you to be paying attention and ready to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.

And if standing around in EC tunnel looking cool is your bag, no one does it better than a DE cleric.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:43 PM
Kobold

I guess we can conclusively say that it's not Paladin or Wizard?
Old 10-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Any class you get to 60 is more than likely "fun" in the sense that you took the time to max their level. Most people do not put that much time into something they find unappealing.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any class you get to 60 is more than likely "fun" in the sense that you took the time to max their level. Most people do not put that much time into something they find unappealing.
Not entirely.

My 60 Rogue is technically my main but I've shelved him because my other characters are just way more fun to play.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love them qualifiers!
Closed Thread