Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Banned

patriam has quietly taken over best poster status. head for the workshop bois.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

How likely is it that Trump will get fired?

I dont have much clue about american politics, but I know it happend few times already.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone could give me a kind of neutral answer, and not a "HES SEND BY JESUS" or "THEY SHOULD LOCK HIM UP RIGHT NOW" one. Hope you know what I am trying to say.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I dont have much clue about american politics, but I know it happend few times already.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone could give me a kind of neutral answer, and not a "HES SEND BY JESUS" or "THEY SHOULD LOCK HIM UP RIGHT NOW" one. Hope you know what I am trying to say.
For that to happen -- Republicans in USA will have to be signaling their desire to impeach. So far it appears that mostly Democrats are interested in impeachment.

Democrats are kind of our international party as well. By that -- I mean most of the people that work in International Affairs are Democrats. So the world gets a bit of Democrat spin with their USA information from these people. I think it is a similar situation in other countries.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woke. U gonna plank some ase over there or what?
serious question. if u are then be man enough to own it. u claim to be some billy badass quasi conservative libertarian on this forum.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yea that's a great attitude to have. Let's just give away all these massive tax-funded projects like television networking, the internet, international trade, electric grids and dams. And then we can give those same motherfuckers disportionate tax breaks.

And it's all good because same day it will be our turn to get tax cuts -- right boss? NO -- it's never the middle class turn for a big tax cut. They need that money for their next big government project their going to hand out. And then that guy and going lobby away your tax cut.

So you must really enjoy getting fucked to cop and attitude like this about the tax plan.

BTW our "populist" president is a crowning example of a born elitist taking advantage of corrupt taxes in New York. He is fucking landed gentry with no intention of harming his own class.

He didn't do anything for anyone else -- but he got em their tax cuts just like he promised at the steak restaurant didn't he? Those are his people.
There is no such thing as a real "tax cut" for anyone. It just means that the taxes are going to be shifted (one way or another) to someone else. Consumers pay nearly 80% of the taxes in the US through embedded taxes. Embedded taxes are those taxes businesses pass down through the cost of goods and services. So by cutting taxes on corporation it is the best way to symbolically cut taxes on the largest group of tax-payers...the middle class.

If you believe that ANY politician has your interest at heart you are bat-shit stupied. Politicians become Politicians to get wealthy. Trump did not become President because the Populist movement supported him, he was the ONLY choice that was not the establishment. As opposed to a candidate that became wealthy because politics (ie. Clinton), Trump could not be bought as he was already wealthy. At least THAT is the hope.

Everyone has a consensus that the overall direction of this country is going the wrong way..now which is right remains to be seen. But real change only happens when we move away from the norm and embrace something entirely different.

Trump is a good start.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty damn unlikely IMO, at least for the next year or probably even 3 years. If he wins reelection in 2020 then maybe a chance he gets fired if Dems pick up a lot of seats? I mean look at this tax bill that is probably going to go through that has something like a 20% approval rating from the voter base.

Trump is pretty much toeing the party line and republicans are in power, and in the next elections in 2018 I don't think many republicans are even up for reelection so unlikely dems can gain the majority. Even if they could impeach, it's unclear if Mike Pence is even a better alternative (or anyone the GOP could throw forward.)

The only way I see it happening is if something definite comes to light about this russia collusion thing and that it definitely happened prior to his election.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for your opinion JurisDictum & Lojik.

What really suprices me, is that Trump is visting his own Hotels with the Secret-Service and make the taxpayers pay for each vist.
I mean thats a clearly sign of nepotism.
But it seems not to be a big issus in the USA?!
Or are there no hotels who would accept Trump as a guest?
Old 12-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no such thing as a real "tax cut" for anyone. It just means that the taxes are going to be shifted (one way or another) to someone else. Consumers pay nearly 80% of the taxes in the US through embedded taxes. Embedded taxes are those taxes businesses pass down through the cost of goods and services. So by cutting taxes on corporation it is the best way to symbolically cut taxes on the largest group of tax-payers...the middle class.

If you believe that ANY politician has your interest at heart you are bat-shit stupied. Politicians become Politicians to get wealthy. Trump did not become President because the Populist movement supported him, he was the ONLY choice that was not the establishment. As opposed to a candidate that became wealthy because politics (ie. Clinton), Trump could not be bought as he was already wealthy. At least THAT is the hope.

Everyone has a consensus that the overall direction of this country is going the wrong way..now which is right remains to be seen. But real change only happens when we move away from the norm and embrace something entirely different.

Trump is a good start.
The price of something is determined by what people will pay for it. I'm not saying S/D controls everything -- quite the opposite. What this means is: People will only pay a certain amount for milk. As well, people will overpay a certain amount in certain areas. This is how pricing works these days. It's usually done with secret price agreements reached by an oligopoly.

When business says: "raising taxes -- we'll just pass it down to the customer" -- that's a talking point some policy advisor told them to say not the god's honest truth. Sometimes they do pass the tax on to the customer -- but only if it makes since to. They aren't going to charge $2 more for shitty cheap milk because not enough are going to pay 6$ instead of 4$.

Now when all cigarettes are taxed at a flat rate -- price goes up. When the corporate tax raises...cigarettes stay the same price. It depends on the product or the situation.

Corporate tax are popular because when a company gets rich -- it can often pay high levels of tax without negatively impacting prices or salaries of individuals. But that is a ground level view.

The macro view does show how corporate taxes are a way for the rich to put taxes on the expense account instead of paying them on an individual basis. But what Trump did: Cut tax for corporations, Cut tax for individuals (rich ones mostly), and didn't raise hardly any taxes except demolishing home ownership breaks and other breaks (none of them are going to be the ones his donors use).

So yea we got rid of corporate tax...but it isn't accompanied by a shift to taxing the wealthy -- we didn't really make a whole a lot of progress. Unless of course our masters in Washington are planning to let the democrats raise the taxes on the wealthy again.

That would be the virtuous cycle -- getting rid of bad taxes with Republicans and getting good taxes with Democrats. But it requires people understanding there are good taxes and bad taxes. Anyone who doesn't already own a house? Trump just costed you way more money than you ever are going to get in his breaks.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

As a source of federal revenue, corporate taxes pale in comparison to individual taxes. Since the effective corporate tax rate is already hovering around 20%, I view the tax reform legislation less as a money grab for the rich and more of an absolution for corporate tax evasion.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The price of something is determined by what people will pay for it. I'm not saying S/D controls everything -- quite the opposite. What this means is: People will only pay a certain amount for milk. As well, people will overpay a certain amount in certain areas. This is how pricing works these days. It's usually done with secret price agreements reached by an oligopoly.

When business says: "raising taxes -- we'll just pass it down to the customer" -- that's a talking point some policy advisor told them to say not the god's honest truth. Sometimes they do pass the tax on to the customer -- but only if it makes since to. They aren't going to charge $2 more for shitty cheap milk because not enough are going to pay 6$ instead of 4$.

Now when all cigarettes are taxed at a flat rate -- price goes up. When the corporate tax raises...cigarettes stay the same price. It depends on the product or the situation.

Corporate tax are popular because when a company gets rich -- it can often pay high levels of tax without negatively impacting prices or salaries of individuals. But that is a ground level view.

The macro view does show how corporate taxes are a way for the rich to put taxes on the expense account instead of paying them on an individual basis. But what Trump did: Cut tax for corporations, Cut tax for individuals (rich ones mostly), and didn't raise hardly any taxes except demolishing home ownership breaks and other breaks (none of them are going to be the ones his donors use).

So yea we got rid of corporate tax...but it isn't accompanied by a shift to taxing the wealthy -- we didn't really make a whole a lot of progress. Unless of course our masters in Washington are planning to let the democrats raise the taxes on the wealthy again.

That would be the virtuous cycle -- getting rid of bad taxes with Republicans and getting good taxes with Democrats. But it requires people understanding there are good taxes and bad taxes. Anyone who doesn't already own a house? Trump just costed you way more money than you ever are going to get in his breaks.

Corporations do not get rich..shareholders get rich..and most shareholders are the middle class through mutual funds and investments (retirement) accounts.

To put it simply Corporations do not pay taxes unless they sell something. If a corporation does not sell anything and does not generate any revenue then they pay 0 tax. Tax breaks for corporations improve shareholders value, increases employment and create a welcoming business environment.

But i see you are fully subjective in your view about this issue and it does not matter what anyone else could say to convince you otherwise.
Closed Thread