Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

*shrug* seems a good way for guildless scrubs like me to get a fair chance at (gemless)armor drops that we'd not otherwise have.

I remember PoG from live Velious and it was a chore to get folks interested in that slog of a clear-fest.

If I qualified for the minimum level, I'd certainly come along. Good luck to those participating!
Old 12-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Just want to say, I haven't decided on if I want to come or not, but the reason isn't because of loot its just because of the time sink. I will say however that the PuG WTOV and HOT leaders think this is a great idea and hope it gets lots of players to attend.

To all the people who don't think it is fair that they don't want to share Tunare pixels, think of the effort it takes to wrangle and manage 60+ other people that don't know the zone or how to raid PoG. It is NOT easy. Then add on managing loot and making sure it goes to the right people and doesnt get ninja'd.

GL out there on Sat I hope yall get the numbers you need for a fast and fun clear.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Banned

So glad I won't be attended this collosal time waste.

PoG loot is not even good
Old 12-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

I like how all the people hating on this event are acting like their motives are altruistic and pure. They are pretending that they are posting to protect and warn the noobs of the server when really all they are trying to do is guilt AW into letting them roll on Tunare's loot.

The truth is the people that play on this server are (mostly) intelligent adults who can decide for themselves if it's worth their time to show up to this or not. If most people feel like it is a raw deal and nobody shows then AW ends up clearing the zone and Tunare like they would have anyways. If some noobs or alts decide they would like a chance at some PoG gear or just want to see the zone they've got the opportunity to tag along and grab some stuff that probably would just rot, and it ends up being a win / win for both parties.

If you don't like the way they are running it and want a chance to roll on Tunare loot, then don't show up to this raid and pick a point in the future to organize your own fully open PoG raid, the server would be incredibly grateful to anyone who did that I am sure.

On a separate note, is it ok / possible to join up with the raid later on in the day if I am unable make the start time?
Old 12-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how all the people hating on this event are acting like their motives are altruistic and pure. They are pretending that they are posting to protect and warn the noobs of the server when really all they are trying to do is guilt AW into letting them roll on Tunare's loot.
This is my favorite part about all of this. Casuals throwing a fit because they aren't getting to roll on Tunare loot and are really beating this transparency/altruistic thing to death out of desperation. This whole thing is fueled by pixel lust from both sides.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a separate note, is it ok / possible to join up with the raid later on in the day if I am unable make the start time?
Yes. Join up when avail.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just want to say, I haven't decided on if I want to come or not, but the reason isn't because of loot its just because of the time sink. I will say however that the PuG WTOV and HOT leaders think this is a great idea and hope it gets lots of players to attend.

To all the people who don't think it is fair that they don't want to share Tunare pixels, think of the effort it takes to wrangle and manage 60+ other people that don't know the zone or how to raid PoG. It is NOT easy. Then add on managing loot and making sure it goes to the right people and doesnt get ninja'd.

GL out there on Sat I hope yall get the numbers you need for a fast and fun clear.
Yeah, I support this sort of thing. It sends a message that the game doesn't need to be exclusive and I respect that. Thanks for putting in the time Kelz, and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

This is some proletariat vs bourgeois elitist nonsense!
Old 12-07-2017, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really is nice that we can share the toys in our little sandbox once in a while but don't let Awakened tell you for one second that they're doing you a favor by letting you come clear trash for them. Id rather make those nerds actually work for their loot for once.
This statement makes no sense. Tunare was farmed for months and months and killed dozens of times with only a handful of open event clears. Tunare has been killed probably 95% of the time with no pugs. People can bitch about A/A killing a lot of mobs but it's just ludicrous trolling to complain they don't work to do it.

Look, a couple of other people have sugar coated this and I will be a little less kind. I think it's a nice thing to allow pugs to be involved in a clear and get a new experience they wouldn't otherwise but if someone thinks that having pugs is some huge benefit to Awakened they are pretty f-ing ignorant of this game. Pugs are just as likely to cause a huge slowdown to a clear as they are to speed it up. Would 70 people clear PoG faster than 35? They probably would if they are all skilled and experienced in what to do. If they aren't? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] they are pretty likely to kill somethings faster but cause some wipes/slowdowns. Not a huge time saver.

Awakened has done Growth numerous times in the past and having not done it lately makes it more of a novelty right now. Stop pretending like Awakened couldn't clear Growth without pugs.

No one is forcing anyone to come. It is clearly stated what will not be available to everyone. Please stop trying to pretend like that isn't the case.

I honestly have trouble trying to figure out which is more inane, thinking that Awakened is worried about some bullshit PR folly (because you know mob kills are based on popular election) or that Tunare loot should be randomed on. I can't even imagine how enraged people would be if someone rolled in for the last 20 minutes of the raid and won a roll on Tunare loot. You might be so upset with the out come and the unfairness that you setup a group or regular players to play with and a system by which loot could be distributed fairly. You know, maybe something where raids have an associated value of points and past raid work is tallied together so that players in your raid group are able to obtain loot commensurate with the work they have put in prior instead of arbitrarily giving loot in a randomly generated fashion.

In summary, if clearing PoG with an experienced raid that is provided to you and getting a chance at drops doesn't sound like something you want to do, don't come. The clear will probably still happen and you can instead do whatever you were going to do or sit around thinking about who was really doing who a favor. Or since Tunare is up most of the time you could form your own raid to go kill her and make your own loot rules.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 12-07-2017, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its an 8 year old era locked server bro, if you aint casual then you have a mental illness and/or need to unplug
I'm not disagreeing with that, but that's not what this is about. I'm well aware of the caliber neckbeard it takes to win everquest but lose at life. They still aren't going to let you have their loots.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread