Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Windows cannot find 'eqgame'

I am using the batch file Launch Titanium to launch game.

Here is a screenshot of the error. It also show I am not installed under program files. https://i.imgur.com/T34OM18.png

I have tried installing on a number of different drives and keep receiving same error. I disabled my anti virus software before installing and am receiving this error still (anitvirus has not been turned back on). I also have all of my files in a folder not under Program Files.

I have not found any other fixes for this error on these forums. Anyone have any idea?
Old 10-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Kobold

I had this the very first time I launched the game, it was happening because I was natively running the program as an administrator. I disabled running it as an administrator and created a desktop shortcut icon. .bat has ran fine ever since.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am using the batch file Launch Titanium to launch game.

Here is a screenshot of the error. It also show I am not installed under program files. https://i.imgur.com/T34OM18.png

I have tried installing on a number of different drives and keep receiving same error. I disabled my anti virus software before installing and am receiving this error still (anitvirus has not been turned back on). I also have all of my files in a folder not under Program Files.

I have not found any other fixes for this error on these forums. Anyone have any idea?
My guess is your Windows user is not set as an administrator preventing you from running batch scripts in their current directory, hence the call to your Windows\system32 directory (here's a more detailed explanation of why this happens: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...74&postcount=3). If you're unable to give your Windows user administrative status, or if your Windows user is already an administrator, here are some other workarounds:

• Open Launch Titanium.bat in Notepad, delete everything, copy and paste this in its place minus quotes: "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start /affinity 1 D:\P1999\eqgame.exe patchme", File -> Save, now run this in your P99 install directory

• Right-click eqgame.exe -> Create shortcut -> right-click the new shortcut -> Properties -> add "patchme" without the quotes to the end of the Target path, e.g. "D:\P1999\eqgame.exe" patchme, now use this shortcut to launch EQ

• Right-click Launch Titanium.bat -> Create shortcut -> right-click the new shortcut -> Properties -> Advanced -> Select Run as administrator -> OK -> use this shortcut to launch EQ

• Simply right-click Launch Titanium.bat and select Run as administrator (annoying to have to do this every time so obviously not a desirable workaround)

Hope this helps!
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-20-2018 at 11:11 PM..
Old 10-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess is your Windows user is not set as an administrator preventing you from running batch scripts in their current directory, hence the call to your Windows\system32 directory (here's a more detailed explanation of why this happens: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...74&postcount=3). If you're unable to give your Windows user administrative status, or if your Windows user is already an administrator, here are some other workarounds:

• Open Launch Titanium.bat in Notepad, delete everything, copy and paste this in its place minus quotes: "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start /affinity 1 D:\P1999\eqgame.exe patchme", File -> Save, now run this in your P99 install directory

• Right-click eqgame.exe -> Create shortcut -> right-click the new shortcut -> Properties -> add "patchme" without the quotes to the end of the Target path, e.g. "D:\P1999\eqgame.exe" patchme, now use this shortcut to launch EQ

• Right-click Launch Titanium.bat -> Create shortcut -> right-click the new shortcut -> Properties -> Advanced -> Select Run as administrator -> OK -> use this shortcut to launch EQ

• Simply right-click Launch Titanium.bat and select Run as administrator (annoying to have to do this every time so obviously not a desirable workaround)

Hope this helps!
Thank you very much for a very thorough and well written post. I managed to fix it by using WinEQ2 to boot the game. If I have any further issues down the road I will consult this post.