Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well who were their first warriors to get ST Keys?

A dwarf and a wood elf?

First monk was a human...

Point being most every racial can be overcome by not being dumb. Ogre stun immunity sure as shit can and the stat bonuses, while nice, are offset at higher levels of gearing.
I was Number 3 not because of gear but because of seniority/ raid attendence. I have more hps/ac than either one of those tanks and they are still top 5. Still no half elves. The 4th tank in there was an ogre as well and has a bit more hp than I do. No half elves in sight. The top hp warrior atm I believe is an Iksar but the top 5 are all within 30hpish of eachother.
Last edited by Celatus; 09-29-2015 at 03:15 PM..
Old 09-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Called it
Old 09-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Auto attack aggro is still huge especially on long fights which is why a warrior simply auto attacking with non procing weapons can pull aggro on long fights. AKA fights with several tank switches. Or mobs that silence of which there are several.
A non-tanking warrior should NEVER EVER pull aggro over the MT who used mallet clicks on engage. Regardless of how many bash stuns the MT is eating. Unless the non-tanking warrior is too dumb to monitor his procs and swap out weapons accordingly.

I can't think of a single scenario where a warrior has or could pull aggro off a warrior who is using proc weapons unless there is something like a long stun on the MT (Zlandicars bugged proc). If your tanks are regularly pulling aggro from Melee damage on fights with tank swaps either they need to not use aggro weapons or they need to swap them out more often to make sure they don't proc too frequently.

Also there are 4 silencing mobs. Xygoz, Ventani, Tukaarak and Ail the Elder. I can't think of any others in Velious/Kunark. Unless you're going to include the crappy WW dragon trash. Not really a point of arguing race superiority for a very narrow set of mobs. Ventani being the only challenging one among them.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Called it
Called what? Still waiting on Celatus to post anything to refute the posts saying that Ogres aren't necessary on raids.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A non-tanking warrior should NEVER EVER pull aggro over the MT who used mallet clicks on engage. Regardless of how many bash stuns the MT is eating. Unless the non-tanking warrior is too dumb to monitor his procs and swap out weapons accordingly.

I can't think of a single scenario where a warrior has or could pull aggro off a warrior who is using proc weapons unless there is something like a long stun on the MT (Zlandicars bugged proc). If your tanks are regularly pulling aggro from Melee damage on fights with tank swaps either they need to not use aggro weapons or they need to swap them out more often to make sure they don't proc too frequently.

Also there are 4 silencing mobs. Xygoz, Ventani, Tukaarak and Ail the Elder. I can't think of any others in Velious/Kunark. Unless you're going to include the crappy WW dragon trash. Not really a point of arguing race superiority for a very narrow set of mobs. Ventani being the only challenging one among them.
Lady mir also silences.

A non tanking warrior with non proccing weapons on a fight with several tank switches will pull aggro from auto attack alone. Thats a fact. I have to cycle my attack on fights Im not tanking to not pull aggro using primal weapons and nothing but primal weapons. Several of the non procing 2h will also easily pull aggro because auto attack aggro is bigger than both clickies and proc aggro. Everytime a tank switch happens aggro is reset and all the other DPS can dump aggro below the new main tank.

There is no argument ogre is the best warrior race. Its not huge on most fights but its absurd to argue that they are not the best or that frontal stun immunity is not the best racial. Which is why i said its the best min max race. I did not say OMG you can't tank at the high end if you're not an ogre.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Called what? Still waiting on Celatus to post anything to refute the posts saying that Ogres aren't necessary on raids.
I see that not only are you lacking brain power, but you seem to come up short in the memory department as well. He has already posted a handful of encounters where having FSI will counter the Stun/Backstab combo that has been observed by guilds who actually defeat said encounters. Not to mention, all of your other misinformed points have been addressed by someone who actually has the experience to weigh in. And your retort? Criticizing his gear on a Magelo he doesn't even update anymore. Reading your posts is like watching Fox News when I want an informed take on what's going on in the world today.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He has already posted a handful of encounters where having FSI will counter the Stun/Backstab combo
FSI does not counter backstabs.

Quote:
Not to mention, all of your other misinformed points have been addressed by someone who actually has the experience to weigh in.
I see a lot more people saying that FSI is overrated. Can you read?

Quote:
Criticizing his gear on a Magelo he doesn't even update anymore.
It's from six months ago. If one of the in your words most experienced tanks in Rampage has less than six months raid experience, I'd be worried.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Aviak

I still say having the name Rumblebelly is most important...

Relemis Greywood - ranger of the Rathe 2001-2005
- ranger of P99 2013-
Old 10-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Aviak

Play what you like. Even at high end, end game raids it doesn't matter. My friend was the main tank of the best guild on my live server (back when I played years ago), and he was a DE SK, arguably the worst or second worst SK race. It honestly doesn't matter. If you have a raid encounter where FSI matters, it's my experience that even the worst raiding guilds have more than one tank.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:22 PM
Kobold

Things to consider:
Being a bearded woman
Robocop helms
Frontal stuns
Dwarven combat rolls
Closed Thread