Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 10:42 PM
Banned

Default Why do some mobs suddenly grow courageous?

Certain mob types run when low health....until they don't. I understand a mob will fight to the death if it's rooted, or if another target is critical low health nearby

But sometimes I have seen a mob that would otherwise run, randomly decide to grow a pair and fight to the bitter end. Nothing around is critical low health, and the mob is not rooted

Why is this?
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-12-2021 at 10:44 PM..
Old 02-12-2021, 10:54 PM
Kobold

Certain mobs will fight to the death like undead mobs, other mobs will run if they get low. You will learn which ones will and which wont.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certain mobs will fight to the death like undead mobs, other mobs will run if they get low. You will learn which ones will and which wont.
This is with mob types that would normally run. For example, bandits. Bandits run when at low health. But sometimes they don't. It feels like about 1 out of like 30ish ones randomly do not run. And I've noticed this with other humanoids or other types that would normally run. Sometimes, randomly, they decide to fight to the death

Just was wondering if there might have been some sort of a "stand your ground" script that sometimes activates
Old 02-13-2021, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

It also depends on your remaining health percentage. If you're also near death, they'll keep fighting, unless you FD and that will trigger their "flee" response and then you can stand up and resume fighting as they flee.

Unless, of course, your statement about "nothing around is critical low health" includes you. In that case, I have no idea, and I am curious as well.

-Mcoy
Old 02-13-2021, 12:13 AM
Sarnak

Some mobs are social creatures and will not flee if they have any ally nearby. If you can separate them, they will begin to flee again once there is enough distance between them.
Last edited by TripSin; 02-13-2021 at 12:18 AM..
Old 02-13-2021, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some mobs are social creatures and will not flee if they have any ally nearby. If you can separate them (e.g. root one), they will begin to flee again once there is enough distance between them.
Ah this must be it

Ty
Old 02-13-2021, 12:27 AM
Banned

mobs are smart
Old 02-13-2021, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Possible the damage came in fast enough the server didn't tick through their AI package. Do mobs check health every 7 seconds?

I'm pretty sure the run script isn't triggered.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:33 PM
Banned

this ish always catches me off guard at Xalgoz when im playing sloppy
sometimes the undead run, sometimes they charge at me from a flop if im low hp
Old 02-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possible the damage came in fast enough the server didn't tick through their AI package. Do mobs check health every 7 seconds?

I'm pretty sure the run script isn't triggered.
I think Tripsin nailed it. It was because another social mob was nearby, even though it was low level enough to not aggro. The other social mob fought to the death next to it

And to the other commenter, yes this is with me at full health, so not the low health reason
Closed Thread