Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 04:48 PM
Banned

Everyone is starkind if u really sit down and think about it.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is starkind if u really sit down and think about it.
Deep
Old 04-25-2021, 01:20 AM
Sarnak

Cool man. I played on Bertoxx back in the day and I fondly remember helping a GM complete a part of a quest and he gave me "Can O' Whoop ass" I was young and thought it was seriously the coolest thing ever lol.

I think GM's had to complete quests to involve themselves with the players. Good times. Something ill def never forget.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 04-26-2021, 03:22 AM
Kobold

A few weeks after EQ came out, I was in Blackburrow on a Barbarian Shaman (Bristlebane) and it was pitch black. I fell into the hole in the middle and plummeted to my death. After a few hours and many deaths later, while trying to recover my corpse at 2 in the morning, I decided to petition a GM explaining my problem and that I didn't want to log out without looting my equipment because my father was one of those "computers and video games are evil" types and it could be a long time before I got the chance to play again.

A few minutes later and a GM summons me to Blackburrow, on the Qeynos side. He says he will have my corpse over in a jiffy. He looked amazing with sparkling weapons and the coolest looking armor I'd ever seen. After summoning my corpse, he provided me with a 100% rez and we sat there and chatted for a little bit. Blackburrow was empty because it was the middle of the night so I figured I'd ask him questions about being a GM and what his armor did etc.

I'm not sure how it happened, maybe trying to type in the dark as a kid but I /d him by mistake. At the time, I didn't even know you could duel other players. We start talking about PvP and he tells me I can hit him a few times. I take out my cracked staff and go to town, barely making a dent. Within a split second, he goes from full health to a sliver of health, and my next swing, he falls over dead. I literally shit my pants. How? Why? Not a clue. All I thought was I was about to deal with repercussions, not understanding with my child mind at the time, that he had intentionally, somehow, lowered his own health so I could kill him.

After sitting there for a few minutes, without him returning nor receiving any messages from him, I attempted to loot his corpse. To my complete disbelief, I was able to loot his body like an NPC. A loud CHING, I look down, rubbing my eyes, I looted nearly 10,000 platinum from his corpse. Prior to this, by level 9 and weeks of playing, I had earned maybe a couple dozen platinum. I was amazed at how much platinum I looted from him but at the same time, I'd imagined higher level monsters probably dropped a lot more than the gnolls and skeletons I had been killing up to this point. It didn't hit me later just how much money he had given me. When he finally returned, I mentioned looting his coin, to which he said I could keep. As a parting gift, he also gave me a title "The Blind". I made it to level 34 before my dad had decided that Everquest was Satan incarnate and I lost the ability to play for good but this is something I could never forget and was such an awesome memory looking back on.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:49 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2021, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few weeks after EQ came out, I was in Blackburrow on a Barbarian Shaman (Bristlebane) and it was pitch black. I fell into the hole in the middle and plummeted to my death. After a few hours and many deaths later, while trying to recover my corpse at 2 in the morning, I decided to petition a GM explaining my problem

A few minutes later and a GM summons me to Blackburrow, on the Qeynos side. He says he will have my corpse over in a jiffy.

To my complete disbelief, I was able to loot his body like an NPC. A loud CHING, I look down, rubbing my eyes, I looted nearly 10,000 platinum from his corpse.
You’re wasting your breath, nobody is gonna believe us and you might just get pissed off from being called a liar.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

ok I was pretty skeptical of the dude because I am real friends with lead GM Dean Graf from back when OP said this was going on. I sent him an e-mail and sure enough...he gut laughed, and sent me a SS of banning the dude

http://tiny.cc/gmgearonplayerchar
Old 04-26-2021, 12:07 PM
Banned

i believe gms giving players clickies is pretty classic plz allow guides and gms to buff/heal/give items to newbies for the fun of it (especially after short little fun guide quests).

if ur worried about 'cheating'

make a list of cool items they can summon and give out to players they like

ppl should be rewarded for being cool and social and interacting and not just petitionquesting
Closed Thread