Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 09-09-2022, 06:37 PM
Banned

Default Changes to Green involving keys?

I had been away from P99 for a long time, and when I came back I accidentally died while exp'ing

I noticed after I completely looted my body that I had a floating Key to Charsasis (which I forget how I even got) on my cursor, which I then had to find some space for in my bags

Was this key already in my bags somewhere and it got transferred to my naked char after I died? Was there some change in the original game timeline where you could keep keys on you after death or something? I can think of no other reason for this happening

Was wondering if someone could confirm
Old 09-09-2022, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had been away from P99 for a long time, and when I came back I accidentally died while exp'ing

I noticed after I completely looted my body that I had a floating Key to Charsasis (which I forget how I even got) on my cursor, which I then had to find some space for in my bags

Was this key already in my bags somewhere and it got transferred to my naked char after I died? Was there some change in the original game timeline where you could keep keys on you after death or something? I can think of no other reason for this happening

Was wondering if someone could confirm

So you've been playing here for seven years, and you still don't know what a soulbound key is? Far be it for me to shame someone for ignorance, but that's just ... surprising.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. https://wiki.project1999.com/Key_Compendium

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So you've been playing here for seven years, and you still don't know what a soulbound key is? Far be it for me to shame someone for ignorance, but that's just ... surprising.
[/end passive aggressiveness]

[/begin answer]
Old 09-09-2022, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

They weren't soulbound at first, it is a timeline change from mid-Kunark era so it's perfectly normal for some people to be surprised to see them after a long break.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 09-11-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[/end passive aggressiveness]

[/begin answer]
Apologies, that wasn't meant to be passive-aggressive so much as ... this seemed like the kind of question that someone who had just purchased a high-level account (but didn't know how to use it) would ask. I was skeptical that someone who had legitimately played as long as you, wouldn't know about soulbound keys.

But again, if you just have been kicking it with alts and low-level toons that never had a soulbound key, I could totally see why you wouldn't know about them (even after so long), so I apologize for the hostility.

Old 09-11-2022, 01:49 PM
Banned

always assuming the worst
bravo loramin
(lol)
Old 09-11-2022, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apologies, that wasn't meant to be passive-aggressive so much as ... this seemed like the kind of question that someone who had just purchased a high-level account (but didn't know how to use it) would ask. I was skeptical that someone who had legitimately played as long as you, wouldn't know about soulbound keys.

But again, if you just have been kicking it with alts and low-level toons that never had a soulbound key, I could totally see why you wouldn't know about them (even after so long), so I apologize for the hostility.
I’ve posted on forums a lot but in terms of actual playing, until 2 weeks ago I had taken about 8 months off, and by off I mean never logging in once

Prior to that I’d have stretches of playing a medium amount then taking weeks off at a time depending on RL stuff. And the account I registered but then couldn’t figure out how to install the game and gave up for a few years lol

Still never been to charasis, had to look up how to even spell it. Never been to L. guk, or Sebilis, or KC, or velks, or anywhere in velious really. I think the key that some guildie helped me get was my first key I remember ever having

But now that I’m playing again I’m gonna go check out CoM for the first time soon!
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-11-2022 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-11-2022, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Still never been to charasis, had to look up how to even spell it.
You can also just call it Howling Stones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Never been to L. guk, or Sebilis, or KC, or velks, or anywhere in velious really. I think the key that some guildie helped me get was my first key I remember ever having

But now that I’m playing again I’m gonna go check out CoM for the first time soon!
It's a big game, and it sounds like (even after years of playing here) you've still got lots to see.

Believe it or not, that makes me (and probably a lot of the neckbeards here) jealous: I'd happily spend a lot of platinum for a chance to get to experience CoM (and the other zones you mentioned) for the first time again!

Old 09-11-2022, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I've managed to get a level 53 character here and there's a shitton about this game I don't know about. It's understandable when you're a wizard who doesn't get groups and knows nothing beyond how to quad kite and port. Stuff like that can easily be surprising to those who aren't familiar.