Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-18-2022, 09:03 PM
Large Rat

Question [Amor Graphic Fix] Fixing Color Values for Imbued Steelsilk Amor (Prexus)

To-Whom-It-May-Concern:

This is a super low priority.

I recently finally got an almost full set of Imbued Steelsilk Amor (Prexus) Erudite Cultural armor. This is the culmination of a personal desire/wish since the release of cultural armor back in EQ live.

While the armor is quite awesome visually, the color palette is quite off from the screenshot that was on the P99 Wiki, which has since apparently been removed. This was because the wiki image was of the live game version.

Is there any chance that the color values of the armor set can be fixed to the original colors?

I have attached the image saved from the wiki and a screenshot of my character Akatriel for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prexus_steelsilk_live.jpg (21.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg prexus_steelsilk.jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2022, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Merman's image is tainted by Ultravision, whereas yours is not. Also, you appear to be Quellious and I believe merman was Prexus.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:05 PM
Large Rat

Hi Senn.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I apologize for not seeing your response earlier.

So I have the same ultravision shield as Merman. I am wearing it in the screenshot shared in my original post.

Additionally, I can confirm that Akatriel is a Prexus Pally and is wearing the (Prexus) Steelsilk set. The (Quellious) set is actually set at the correct gold and yellow color scheme as a member of my guild has a set on his ERU cleric.

That is why I think the color value for the (Prexus) steelsilk set in p99 has the wrong color values set.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

I believe it's due to dynamic lighting. If you disable dynamic lighting (which is not as simple as it sounds, sadly), then you should look like Merman did.

A few years ago they updated dynamic lighting and it changed the way a lot of armor looks. Blacks get a greenish tint to them, golds turn into bright yellow, etc. It's super annoying and I wish they'd revert back.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 09-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it's due to dynamic lighting. If you disable dynamic lighting (which is not as simple as it sounds, sadly), then you should look like Merman did.

A few years ago they updated dynamic lighting and it changed the way a lot of armor looks. Blacks get a greenish tint to them, golds turn into bright yellow, etc. It's super annoying and I wish they'd revert back.
Srs, how do you disable dynamic lighting?
Old 09-24-2022, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Srs, how do you disable dynamic lighting?
exit client
set ShowDynamicLights=FALSE in eqclient.ini
start client
exit char select to login screen, but don't exit client
from this point on when you enter world using that instance of the client, dynamic lighting should be disabled until you exit the client again.

if you are swapping accounts and you keep using the same instance of the client to do so, the dynamic lighting will be off for each char you log in. but eventually the client crashes from all the swapping and you have to redo the start client -> log in to char select -> go back to login step. you only need to edit the ini file once.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>