Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-10-2022, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though, why did they decide to make a raid zone that completely ruins your faction with multiple cities??

What were they thinking??
Agreed. Makes no sense if you're not an evil character. Puts good/neutral characters into a bad position for no reason.

I guess I just have to headcanon that the elves were planning on world conquest and I'm a hero trying to stop them. Lmao.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoff1975 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't tell if you are joking or not. But Velious is built on a shells game of faction swapping. Killing any major Velious targets will have big faction consequences.

From an Iksar loyalist perspective, killing the good guys is a fun twist and has more upside than down.
Difference is that the Velious factions are all grey and simply warring groups.

What would you do if raiding Fear dropped all your Cabilis factions?
Old 10-10-2022, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Difference is that the Velious factions are all grey and simply warring groups.

What would you do if raiding Fear dropped all your Cabilis factions?
They would raid Fear for a chance at the loot and then go repair their Cabilis faction.

This is exactly what happens when people raid ToV for example. You destroy your CoV faction as a result. Then you go and grind your faction back up (if you need to on that char - for example, if you're still trying to get certain pieces of Skyshrine armor or have other quests you need to turn in eventually, etc.).

Classic EQ is a game of trade offs. Want to raid certain zones for certain good loot? Then you're gonna have some additional time needed to repair faction.

The good news is that IIRC for certain classes there's nothing you really need the factions Growth affects for. So you can raid Growth without an issue really.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Can you repair tunare faction? I didn't think you could but I dunno
Old 10-10-2022, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The good news is that IIRC for certain classes there's nothing you really need the factions Growth affects for. So you can raid Growth without an issue really.
True. As a gnome mage I don't really *need* to hang out in Kelethin or Felwithe. It's just the RP implications of it all. It doesn't really feel good.

Mostly just wondering, say if I joined a guild like Kingdom or Good Guys one day, how would they react if I said I don't want to participate in PoG raids?
Old 10-10-2022, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were they thinking??
Growth was quid pro quo for the old planar raids being against "evil" stuff and numerous Kunark dungeons trashing that expansion's evil faction.

By the time most players get to needing stuff from Growth they typically don't need to hang out in the elf cities anymore anyhow, so it's not that big a deal. Maybe it wouldn't be on its own, but that combined with the constant annoyance of Protectors kind of kill that zone for the types of lower-end guilds it was theoretically meant for.

Danth
Old 10-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and numerous Kunark dungeons trashing that expansion's evil faction.
That was pretty messed up too. Especially considering HS happens to be a great spot for necros, yet RP-wise it makes no sense for anyone but iksar necs to hunt there.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. As a gnome mage I don't really *need* to hang out in Kelethin or Felwithe. It's just the RP implications of it all. It doesn't really feel good.

Mostly just wondering, say if I joined a guild like Kingdom or Good Guys one day, how would they react if I said I don't want to participate in PoG raids?
You wouldn't need to say anything,you just wouldn't show up.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:59 AM
Sarnak

There isn't a single guild on the server that requires raiding, that is a silly assumption that people make.

As for Tunare factions, it doesn't ruin your faction in entire cities. It affects things like clr/pal/dru/rng guilds in Felwithe and Kelethin, each of which are reparable by stuffing a dwarf in Freeport with muffins, if you care enough. You can still do most things you need to do in those cities without ever interacting with those guilds. The other faction that you tank by killing in PoG is that of the mobs in PoG, and that faction cannot be repaired. So if you want to do a quest in PoG, like the Tunare-worshipper class quests, then you want to finish that quest before you tank your faction. Once you have finished quests, you can tank it at will and the only thing you lose within the zone is your ability to run around freely.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 10-11-2022, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Plane of Growth is useless outside of Tunare. Bad loot and unimaginatively designed. Spend time elsewhere.