Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-20-2022, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does that 289 number take into account a Iksar innate armor class? Asking for a friend..
No, shields and Iksar ac are commonly viewed as outside the “soft cap”.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, shields and Iksar ac are commonly viewed as outside the “soft cap”.
No based off of coding from live eq, which all EQ emu servers have emulated, The Iksar AC bonus is under cap. Only shield AC is over cap, in other words raises your AC bonus.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No based off of coding from live eq, which all EQ emu servers have emulated, The Iksar AC bonus is under cap. Only shield AC is over cap, in other words raises your AC bonus.
Oh nevermind. I only read it here and am not an avid iksar player. Will trust ya on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2022, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh nevermind. I only read it here and am not an avid iksar player. Will trust ya on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. The whole they even gave the Iksar an AC bonus was compensate for the fact that in Kunark they couldn't wear plate armor. This wasn't continued with later expansion, but they left the Bonus for some reason. However, it was only put to help Iksar character reach with AC cap with Weaker gear, not give them an unfair bonus over other races. The AC will still be there, but If an Iksar is at the Cap it will be reduced by the Softcap returns. It still helps I assume, but not as good as shield AC. Also, I have no idea what the Actual AC soft cap is here. I suppose you could try to ascertain it by calculation the reduction in damage you get at every ac amount vs mob attack power, but then you would have to know the mob's attack power to begin with. Never of these things are published by P99's developer. The only thing I know for sure is that with AC more is better and then if AC doesn't seem to be working well, like on very high level raid targets, then HP is better.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

At some point the AC hunt is going to limit HP; unless you just end up with a ton of both with BiS stuff but I don’t personally have that blessing. If carrying an AC set besides a shield and decent 1h it’s a lot of bag space. Probably the best mitigation set someone can do is a Sevelak shield + Jeldorin and call it a day. Maybe swap out the HGL’s too. Four extra bag slots isn’t too bad.

I always held the belief at some point you have to assign a comparative AC to HP calculation to make those decisions. That and mapping it out in advance so you aren’t crunching math when the officers are taking dkp bids.