Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-02-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follow up question: Do you think a Narandi's lance would out-dps the soul defiler? I'm currently lvl 58 and mostly fear kiting. Only have a reaver and sky sword for 2h atm and the reaver doesn't work where I'm fighting.
Not counting the Narandi proc, with the lvl 60 damage bonus:
Soul Defiler: 2.789
Narandi: 2.80

It’s probably negligible unless the fear kite npc is taking a while (if missing some swings) in which case the dot just gets better and better. But in this instance you are comparing the best ratio 1h in the game with a good but fairly pedestrian 2h. A Lance of Thunder in that same situation with the 60 dmg bonus would be 3.13 or 11% better.

That’s just napkin math. Parses can vary.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Ah right. What is the dmg bonus for 2h anyway? Can’t seem to find any proper info on that.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follow up question: Do you think a Narandi's lance would out-dps the soul defiler? I'm currently lvl 58 and mostly fear kiting. Only have a reaver and sky sword for 2h atm and the reaver doesn't work where I'm fighting.
itd be close, narandi's is kinda weaker tho, how do ya not have a good 2h but have a soul defiler.
Old 12-03-2022, 02:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
itd be close, narandi's is kinda weaker tho, how do ya not have a good 2h but have a soul defiler.
I know you troll a lot so not sure if you expect a answer to this somewhat stupid question. But I’m a casual raider in a casual guild and got lucky on a draft week basically.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know you troll a lot so not sure if you expect a answer to this somewhat stupid question. But I’m a casual raider in a casual guild and got lucky on a draft week basically.
Imagine calling it a stupid question after answering your stupid questions
Old 12-03-2022, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ah right. What is the dmg bonus for 2h anyway? Can’t seem to find any proper info on that.
https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1

If it was me id probably just solo up with the Soul Defiler. If you are a casual raider it's very good and will make a lot of people jealous, which is kind of the point of P99 anyways.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1

If it was me id probably just solo up with the Soul Defiler. If you are a casual raider it's very good and will make a lot of people jealous, which is kind of the point of P99 anyways.
Thx!