Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if they removed MQing and droppable epic bits then only the top poop socking guilds would have access to most epics. if thats the goal then i see your reasoning.
Currently, yes.

But along with VSR and UDB and Triggered Fay comes hate and fear changes, which make epics more available.

Since lately and with respect to epics, the staff have been taking a "spirit" of classic approach to the game, removing epic MQs would be consistent with their recent decision making.

I'm sure everyone has a story about MQing an epic for someone back in the day, but it certainly wasn't common in Velious.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently, yes.

But along with VSR and UDB and Triggered Fay comes hate and fear changes, which make epics more available.

Since lately and with respect to epics, the staff have been taking a "spirit" of classic approach to the game, removing epic MQs would be consistent with their recent decision making.

I'm sure everyone has a story about MQing an epic for someone back in the day, but it certainly wasn't common in Velious.
i wouldn't be surprised if it was removed on the next iteration of p99 (re99, etc.). the problem with removing all MQing entirely is that there are legitimate reasons to MQ.

while you are right that selling whole MQ Epics was VERY rare on live in velious, it was VERY common to MQ single bits for a friend or a guildmate that needed a piece. Lots of items go into a guild bank for the specific purpose of being MQ'd to a member that wasn't there to loot it himself.

the real problem remains that we are so far off timeline that there are just too many MQable bits compared to players that need them. the tipping came when it became easier to farm the plat to buy the MQ then to do the quest yourself. Anything they do right now is really just trying to fix a system that has been off kilter for a few years. i think they are looking for solutions that will work the next time around.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything they do right now is really just trying to fix a system that has been off kilter for a few years. i think they are looking for solutions that will work the next time around.
Wipe and restart would do! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd be fun to start from scratch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
if you are buying the scales, holding on the turn in for a few udb bps can help you pay the cost of the epic.

i agree that it would be unusual at first, but this is a static server. things are unusual here compared to live.
I mean non-bards wouldn't be turning in scales just to farm UDB. Whereas VSR you can spawn without any big investment.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean non-bards wouldn't be turning in scales just to farm UDB. Whereas VSR you can spawn without any big investment.
true enough. VSR doesn't drop items worth 150k though...
Old 10-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

It drops stones that people can MQ for cash.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It drops stones that people can MQ for cash.
Totally. And I expect, right away, that many VSR will go to epic MQ farmers.

However, We're going from 2-4 pulsing green stones a week (sell for 25k? each?) to as many as 14?

People will only farm as many as they can move for the money. Price should fall rather quickly unless most of the new rangers actually make it to 46+ without losing interest.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Or if people just stop buying stone MQs after that patch their won't be a reason for farmers to kill VSR besides griefing or alts.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally. And I expect, right away, that many VSR will go to epic MQ farmers.

However, We're going from 2-4 pulsing green stones a week (sell for 25k? each?) to as many as 14?

People will only farm as many as they can move for the money. Price should fall rather quickly unless most of the new rangers actually make it to 46+ without losing interest.
yeah...i'm not arguing that VSR isn't gonna be farmed. I was just arguing that UDB could be too.

the market on stones is gonna fall fast. the big reason that I think VSR will be over farmed is that its just so easy to get to/kill. at least UDB trak is a raid event.
Closed Thread