Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

View Poll Results: Does orange sound fun?
No, you're crazy nobody would play this 13 34.21%
Actually this sounds kinda fun 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 05:53 PM
Aviak

Default Orange Server

I'm just curious if there would any demand for a new type of P99 server I'm calling the orange server.

This is a server that's classic but in an entirely new way.

The idea here is that a brand new server gets released at the very end of the P99 timeline that the devs have carefully curated to bring forth green timeline for us.

No manastone or circlet of shadow or holgresh beads or locket of escape will ever drop on Orange, Nobody ever gets to bind at the firepots or farm seafuries before they get nerfed.

Server launches with chardok revamp, kunark and velious all active. Iksar monks in competition with human monks.

For giggles we still get a fresh set of accomplishments with first to level, first to kill, first to drop, but all played out with the final mechanics of how P99 ends up, just from day one.

It might even launch with the sleeper considered slain, just to put certain items off-limits s too.

Am I mad?
Old 06-07-2021, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

purple = red + blue
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

I'm not so sure about having Kunark and Velious released on launch, but I've always thought that starting with not having all of the stuff that was eventually taken out/nerfed would be interesting.

You'd certainly lose a lot of people who's sole purpose in playing is lording items like that over the populace, though... not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

When I clicked the "kinda fun" button, I wasn't aware of your post. Now that I look it over, I'm identifying as, meh.
I have a friend who would come up with lots of ideas like this. he would sit and wax eloquent for quarter hours at a time with many of the things that would be cool. I'd listen for a while then start to daydream about something odd, like fishing, hiking, hunting. Soon he would smile and say something like "cool huh? They should do that."
You could start a server like that. Go for it.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not so sure about having Kunark and Velious released on launch, but I've always thought that starting with not having all of the stuff that was eventually taken out/nerfed would be interesting.

You'd certainly lose a lot of people who's sole purpose in playing is lording items like that over the populace, though... not necessarily a bad thing.
Yeah I'd prefer it this way too, there's been too much of a sort of "race against the deadline" feeling on green and the legacy items were a huge part of that.

OP's idea would be maybe nicer if it was just vanilla + Kunark for the full timeline too, launch epics after like a year then release Velious in the same time frame. Velious is super pointless when everyone's starting out fresh and is just too much power creep for the older worlds compared to early non-epic Kunark.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
purple = red + blue
Yes Please

Although I think it should just go to Shadows of Luclin, while Blue should stay Velious and Green should stay Kunark. But this would upset the content fiends I think. I am only concerned with preserving the quality of content that was while others are trying to cure their mental illness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People would play it though.. People would play on anything really, if they made 6 P99 servers I think it would just compound the player base rather than half it like people think it would. P99's draw is stability, persistence, reliance.. Players come and go and depend on P99 servers being there and they always are, nothing changes so drastically that causes people to leave for good.
Last edited by Shawk; 06-07-2021 at 11:26 PM..
Old 06-07-2021, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

give us what the people want teams99
Old 06-08-2021, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah you're mad because your just described the blue server and the future green server.

Who cares if someone USED to get all the legacy stuff. So they're out there. Just play and you get that same experience you just described.

A Kunark locked or better yet a Vanilla locked server with or without legacy items would be ideal.

Cancelling everything that leads to level rushing and stupid legacy item rushing is also ideal.

And the next server is going to be BROWN because its the second red server. hehh

But seriously the last thing that is needed is another non pvp server that goes to velious or further.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 06-08-2021 at 12:29 AM..
Old 06-08-2021, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

I’m so deep in blue that starting an entirely fresh race/class (non twink) sounds fun. I also like that it would be a fresh server as green does not interest me. I would probably play a race/class combo that I have little exp with such as Wizard, Necro or Warrior. Could always play that char while I hold a camp on blue waiting for mobs to respawn. Orange sounds kind of cool.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 06-08-2021 at 01:52 AM..
Old 06-08-2021, 07:56 AM
Banned

The ntov, vp, and st items should be in but be eternally unattainable.

Basically nothing more powerful than hate and fear 1.0 should be Killable.
Closed Thread