Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Sarnak

Default error 1018

Hello,
I'm pretty new here, I just started last week. A few people might know me as Kumadar, currently a level 10 necromancer. So far the game has been great, everyone is super friendly and helpful. I was just logging on for a bit but when I try to join the server (project1999, ruins of Kunark) I get the message, "Error 1018: You currently have an active character on that EverQuest Server, please allow a minute for synchronization and try again."

What does this mean? I'm kind of concerned, given what it suggests...I changed my password just in case, but waiting still doesn't let me log in. I've confirmed that I can connect to other servers and enter the game world on those...I'm hoping this is some kind of server hiccup but I'd appreciate any input just to be sure. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Large Bat

I keep getting this same error now. Sometimes it will be 5 hours before I can log on. Most times it has been 12+ hours since the last time I played too.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Large Rat

i too am randomly getting this error, and have not even logged on in the pass couple of days, does anyone know what could be causing this?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

It's a known issue that really sucks. It's account specific.

If you're under level 20, I would *strongly* suggest making a new account and using that.

If you're more invested in your character than that, you can try to reinstall EQ to a new directory and leave your current install in the directory its in. Then try alternating between the two clients - sometimes this solves the problem, but not always.

Again, this is a known issue with no known fix. The best idea is to simply make a new account.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

I added this to my Tech FAQ as well, so hopefully people won't have to wait for an answer on this issue anymore.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a known issue that really sucks. It's account specific.

If you're under level 20, I would *strongly* suggest making a new account and using that.

If you're more invested in your character than that, you can try to reinstall EQ to a new directory and leave your current install in the directory its in. Then try alternating between the two clients - sometimes this solves the problem, but not always.

Again, this is a known issue with no known fix. The best idea is to simply make a new account.
The problem is account specific on the server side, not client specific. I have tested logging in from multiple computers, IPs, and locations with no success. My account has been returning 1018 now for over 24 hours.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Cool, so bumping/necroing 5 threads on the same topic... has that fixed it for you?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arosian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is account specific on the server side,
I think it might be related to EQEMU, not necessarily the P99 server.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool, so bumping/necroing 5 threads on the same topic... has that fixed it for you?
He's frustrated Swish. He's trying to call attention to this issue in hopes it will get looked at again. It's just thread bumping, not really hurting anyone. He didn't even call anyone any names.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This bug completely negates the ability for people to play the game. Attention needs to be raised about this issue even if that means casting a 0% rez on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it might be related to EQEMU, not necessarily the P99 server.
I have no way of confirming such, but I have never experienced this bug on any other server. I have written a lengthy bug report describing my experiences.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=105606