Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Green Guild Recruitment Forum

Can we please get a guild recruitment section on the forum like blue has? I'd love to see a spot where guilds can recruit without getting trolled. If nothing else it would give a nice visual as to the guilds and their roles on the server.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Hear, hear! We tried to commandeer the disused Teal Trading Hub as the new Green Guild Discussion, but as you can see, those posts have been removed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2022, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we please get a guild recruitment section on the forum like blue has? I'd love to see a spot where guilds can recruit without getting trolled. If nothing else it would give a nice visual as to the guilds and their roles on the server.
Are you referring to the recent post by Seal Team? Because usually people don’t get trolled when they post for guild recruitment. The reason ST got trolled was because quite a few of their members are very toxic personas on the server and the ST post said they have a strict rule against toxicity. They brought the trolling on themselves.

I highly doubt another guild is going to get trolled if they make a recruiting post here and you could go back and look at those types of posts and see that.
Old 03-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Banned

Yeah st just killed gore in an illegal spot (allegedly) and pretty much just said fuck you. I have no idea if the spot (right outside cave to valley) is actually illegal or not based on some agreement or something, but they didn't offer much of an explanation other than fuck you.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I asked a long time ago - and the answer was that they cannot add one or change the title of the Teal selling forum. I don't know why, but I trust that answer.

Any guild recruitment post no matter where it is (except those in RnF, obviously) is safe from getting trolled under the current forum rules.

There will always be man-children who either don't know or ignore said rules, but their guild leaders should keep them in check. From my understanding, their entire guild can be punished for said trolling.

Source:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=276484
Old 03-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I asked a long time ago - and the answer was that they cannot add one or change the title of the Teal selling forum. I don't know why, but I trust that answer.

Any guild recruitment post no matter where it is (except those in RnF, obviously) is safe from getting trolled under the current forum rules.

There will always be man-children who either don't know or ignore said rules, but their guild leaders should keep them in check. From my understanding, their entire guild can be punished for said trolling.

Source:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=276484
So they were able to add a whole subforum with specific forums for green when green landed but they now can't edit/add another forum? Call me skeptical if you wish but I'm just going to say "yeah right".
Old 03-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Banned

they rooted dragons, they made blue into a dice simulator, they dont give us 10 hotkeys

on green, window variance isn't classic

the least they can do is make a green recruitment thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2022, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Green forum would just make a ton of more work for moderators (they're the ones that have to police all the negative things people post about enemy guilds), and would offer nothing meaningful over https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Guilds .

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green forum would just make a ton of more work for moderators (they're the ones that have to police all the negative things people post about enemy guilds), and would offer nothing meaningful over https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Guilds .
Nothing meaningful besides the fact that if someone wanted to they could just troll the wiki non stop and delete guilds and related info. Or the fact that some people just prefer forums over wikis and can provide a more up to date representation of currently active guilds and their statuses.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The post for guild recruitment is going to land somewhere, right now since there isn't a place for guilds to post it ends up in the Green and Teal Discussions. So it won't be more work. Besides the wiki is outdated. Auld Lang Syne is on there, haven't seen one in that guild in forever on Green. I wish they did exist however.