Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 06-04-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Default Necro Questions

Been playing on P99 for years but never a necro. Decided to make one and went Iksar. I got my necro lvl 14 and been doing a lot of meleeing. Was wondering around what lvl do Necro’s stop meleeing? And besides say like a sorcerer’s bowl, etc.. what are some good (not super expensive) primary slot items for Necro that are good on stats but also look cool? Currently use a staff of the Waterwalker but thinking at some point of getting a good primary item and use Orb of the Infinite Void.
Old 06-04-2022, 06:35 PM
Kobold

- you stop whenever you feel like stopping. there is no specific level. once you can fear kite, you don't need to melee unless you want to. you are Iksar, so you can just nuke/melee till 24 in Kurns for fun.

- you dont need much stats as necro, just get your int to like 160ish at least and you'll be fine to 60. you can even do it naked really, just less room for error.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:14 AM
Fire Giant

Chetari Wardstaff has solid stats and looks cool for a necro - big ol staff with a skull on the end!
Old 06-05-2022, 06:43 AM
Fire Giant

Tattered tomb shroud and harvester are BiS droppable fashion for necros. Perma see invis pretty nice too.
I drain tanked on my Necro until 35 pretty easily, with mostly junk gear.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Harvester Harvester is good fashion quest - Couldn't agree more and its cheap. Easily one of the coolest-looking weapons a necro can have.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Hand_of_the_Reaper this is also great fashion quest but on the pricier side of things.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Zlandicar%27s_Heart This is the G.O.A.T. but its also raid loot and not really available unless you spend a bunch of time

As noted, pretty much only fashion matters to a necro as you can legitimately level in rags all the way to 60 and only be slightly weaker than someone with 1MM plat of gear.

All the dumb books and orbs that are available are probably better stat-wise but I suggest going with what looks the coolest
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 06-05-2022 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-09-2022, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

hp items over int items cause gaining mana is more important than max mana as necro.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 06-11-2022, 06:38 PM
Skeleton

I leveled an Iksar Nec 1-60 entirely in melee, and still solo predominantly in this way. If you wanted to keep meleeing, I would suggest proc weapons for utility or extra dps. Crookstinger would be good until 18, then pick up Stiletto of the Bloodclaw. Staff of Writhing is great later for interrupting casters. Sarnak Liberator is decent dps until you can afford Velium Crystal Staff. When you can proc it, Staff of Undead Legions makes most undead trivial. Most of these weapons are cheap and look pretty cool. Whether you keep melee killing or doing usual necro strats, don’t neglect AC, or even AGI, on gear. I have played two necros on p99, one with the usual HP/INT build and the melee Nec with more of an AGI/INT build and can say, without a shadow of a doubt, the melee build was far less squishy, almost hilariously so. Loam Encrusted gear is cheap and has decent tanky stats. DEX is nice too for procs. A few people have done a DEX/INT, or “Boneknight”, build that seems fun too. EQ mechanics are more flexible than people give them credit for, and Necro has a crazy toolbox for a lot of different strategies. Hard to go wrong no matter how you play it.

Got some necro tank vids on YouTube for anyone curious. YouTube.com/CrimsonConcordant
Old 06-12-2022, 05:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been playing on P99 for years but never a necro. Decided to make one and went Iksar. I got my necro lvl 14 and been doing a lot of meleeing. Was wondering around what lvl do Necro’s stop meleeing? And besides say like a sorcerer’s bowl, etc.. what are some good (not super expensive) primary slot items for Necro that are good on stats but also look cool? Currently use a staff of the Waterwalker but thinking at some point of getting a good primary item and use Orb of the Infinite Void.
You can start fear kiting at level 12, your dots should start to do enough damage to out dps your pet for full exp.