Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-10-2022, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I genuinely don't care what the actual time frame is. You're running fetch quests to max level the whole time. That's pure hell.
The time frame matters because the situation you're describing wasn't set in stone yet. Folks ran out of quests and had to make their experience the old fashioned way grinding or chaining dungeons.

Danth
Old 10-14-2022, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine if they made a version of P99 that penalized the neckbeards and rewarded the warm bodies, that was WoW vs EQ and why WoW has made 10+ billion dollars and EQ a 10th or 20th of that.
I've seen people say this a lot and I find it interesting. Even with no instancing and such I always felt like raiding in EQ was much more accessible to casual players than WoW was. This is mostly because WoW limited how many players you could take on a raid, while you could bring whoever you wanted in EQ as long as they weren't a hindrance. And while some EQ classes were a bit underpowered, they all still get to raid while you might not even get a raid spot in WoW if you like playing what's considered a bad spec.

I liked the 1-60 leveling experience in WoW, but that part of the game is really short and then the raiding isn't much fun at all for me. But even if you play the game for PvP (which is fun), you still need to raid for gear.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

wow penalizes warm bodies now and rewards neckbeards they went backwards
Old 10-14-2022, 02:18 PM
Banned

You can basically jump back in and get full BiS gear within a couple of weeks.

It's addictive in the same way that mainlining heroin while eating 3 McDonalds Big Macs is.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

If EQ, and if dialup, and if no WoW, then profit.
If EQ, and if moar baNdwidth, and if WoW, then x, where x = gigs up!
Old 11-22-2022, 01:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Because it’s pve content was on rails

2. Because it’s pve content outside of raids was far too easy

3. Because the lack of significant consequences for dying removed a lot of excitement and sense of danger, especially in dungeons

Those are probably the big 3, if I had to pick. That being said, I liked EQ but loved WoW, but mostly WoW for the pvp
Gonna necro this post and add to it - idgaf:

4. Because the emphasis WoW has compared to EQ insofar as grouping (you kind of have to in EQ, at least if you want to be efficient) allowed for a lot of biproducts. Being a royal a$$hole, etc.. had zero to little consequence in WoW - a trait that started emerging once Mercs hit the scene on live EQ.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabascopunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna necro this post and add to it - idgaf:

4. Because the emphasis WoW has compared to EQ insofar as grouping (you kind of have to in EQ, at least if you want to be efficient) allowed for a lot of biproducts. Being a royal a$$hole, etc.. had zero to little consequence in WoW - a trait that started emerging once Mercs hit the scene on live EQ.
Yea I am very much a fan of games where reputation follows you and matters