Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-09-2022, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Regarding raiding Plane of Growth

Something I've always been curious about. Are there situations in guilds at that level where members are reluctant to raid that place due to faction issues? I can't imagine elves, druids, Tunare followers, and even just plain not-evil folks would be all too happy to kill in that place.

Do guilds allow it when a member says "I don't want to trash my faction in there.", or is there some ostracization/kicking going on if they do? Is that childish for a person to say, because after all they're putting RP/their own character's faction above the will and success of the guild? I know there are high elf paladins out there who don't really have that sort of RP mindset, just don't give a damn and just trash factions with their own guild.

Just something I'm kind of wrestling with. My Brell gnome mage is getting to the level where the Sisters in OOT would make for good exp, and I'm sitting here wondering if I should just...cut to the chase and trash my factions there. After all, if I'm going to be expected to kill in PoG one day, why not just do it now? Even though lore-wise Brell and Tunare are supposed to be friends. xD

How do you guys handle it?
Old 10-09-2022, 06:38 PM
Banned

hop on guild bot or different toon or dont care about faction
Old 10-10-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know about Green, but on Blue relatively few guilds outside those fighting Tunare bother with Growth. There are a couple that do. Mostly, especially for the lower-end guilds the zone is really best for, it's not too heavily used. Someone brings up "Growth" in chat, suddenly all your clerics have a bunch of other things they totally forgot about needing to do and log off.

Danth
Old 10-10-2022, 01:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there situations in guilds ... where members are reluctant to raid ... due to faction issues?

Do guilds allow it when a member says "I don't want to trash my faction in there.", or is there some ostracization/kicking going on if they do?

Just something I'm kind of wrestling with.
Yes, these situations do exist. I am not the serious roleplayer I used to be back in EQLive 15-20 years ago, indeed, I barely RP at all anymore, but I still consider lore issues to be an important part of the game for me, and actions have to fit the theme of the world, for me. My characters tend to be elven-centric, or at least, good-aligned, so, like you, I do not raid in Plane of Growth, and I never will.

As for how guilds react, well, it will depend on the guild. What is the guild philosophy towards raiding, for example? What is the guild's philosophy for a player's right to make decisions about their own gaming and what they enjoy?

You ask at a poignant time. This weekend my guild had its first attempt at a solo PoG raid. It was a great success, although help was called in from another guild to kill Tunare at the end on this occasion.

But although I am often a raider with the guild, on that day I didn't personally take part, I spent my time online that day doing other things. This is not a problem, because raiding is an optional part of gaming for the guild, not a mandatory authoritarian instruction.

Choose your guild wisely, and you should have no issues.

Feanturil - 60 Monk <Castle>
Jennica - 60 Cleric <Castle>
Suzianna - 60 Magician <Castle>
Sinvaril - 59 Druid <Castle>
Findorae - 49 Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-10-2022, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, these situations do exist. I am not the serious roleplayer I used to be back in EQLive 15-20 years ago, indeed, I barely RP at all anymore, but I still consider lore issues to be an important part of the game for me, and actions have to fit the theme of the world, for me. My characters tend to be elven-centric, or at least, good-aligned, so, like you, I do not raid in Plane of Growth, and I never will.

As for how guilds react, well, it will depend on the guild. What is the guild philosophy towards raiding, for example? What is the guild's philosophy for a player's right to make decisions about their own gaming and what they enjoy?

You ask at a poignant time. This weekend my guild had its first attempt at a solo PoG raid. It was a great success, although help was called in from another guild to kill Tunare at the end on this occasion.

But although I am often a raider with the guild, on that day I didn't personally take part, I spent my time online that day doing other things. This is not a problem, because raiding is an optional part of gaming for the guild, not a mandatory authoritarian instruction.

Choose your guild wisely, and you should have no issues.
This is true, and I prefer guilds who don't make raiding mandatory, though it's important to note that in this type of guild a clique almost always forms among the people who *do* treat raiding as mandatory, and is often what ends up splintering a guild. It's happened countless times in p99 and eq history generally, so in a sense I can understand the value of raid-mandatory guilds as far as cohesion and longevity go.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

What guild requires you to go to Growth?

On Green I don't even know of any guilds that require you to go to any encounter (you go if you want DKP/loot, otherwise you don't) ... is this a Blue guild thing?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:21 PM
Banned

Seriously though, why did they decide to make a raid zone that completely ruins your faction with multiple cities??

What were they thinking??
Old 10-10-2022, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though, why did they decide to make a raid zone that completely ruins your faction with multiple cities??

Risk\reward! I'd be willing to become an outcast for some sweet tunare loot.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Risk\reward! I'd be willing to become an outcast for some sweet tunare loot.
I'd go on my Necro for sure. I leveled 49-57 in Kelethin and Felwithe, so I have blood on my hands.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't tell if you are joking or not. But Velious is built on a shells game of faction swapping. Killing any major Velious targets will have big faction consequences.

From an Iksar loyalist perspective, killing the good guys is a fun twist and has more upside than down.