Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-11-2022, 01:20 AM
Kobold

Default paladin epic - is it worth getting it?

a question for all paladins who got their epic - is it worth it? aren't there better weapons for a paladin to use that are reasonably obtainable? even the narandi lance seems like a better weapon.

just wanted some thoughts on this before i try my hand at the epic quest. i have even less time than i did before to go raiding and get up at weird hours, so if it's not going to really affect my soloing ability (i mostly solo on the paladin), i'd rather not waste my time. thanks
Old 10-11-2022, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a question for all paladins who got their epic - is it worth it? aren't there better weapons for a paladin to use that are reasonably obtainable? even the narandi lance seems like a better weapon.

just wanted some thoughts on this before i try my hand at the epic quest. i have even less time than i did before to go raiding and get up at weird hours, so if it's not going to really affect my soloing ability (i mostly solo on the paladin), i'd rather not waste my time. thanks
Can you get an st key or tov weapons? If so no, hope that helps.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fiery Defender will not make you able to solo anything you can't solo with some other weapon of similar quality, including Narandi's. The largest reason many paladins obtain their epic is because it's relatively easy (assuming some modest-price MQ's) and most folks like the look. It isn't bad, but it's one of the more replacable epic weapons. Call it optional.

Danth
Old 10-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I was gonna say it isn't worth rolling paladin, but then I remembered that Divine Strength has more hp than Strength of Nature, so yeah please do your paladin epic so it is easier to visually ascertain from whom to request DS.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-12-2022, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

nah not really

just get soulfire and a tov weapon
Old 10-12-2022, 10:47 PM
Kobold

wow Jimjam! that was a slap on my paladin's face! we solo way better than any other melee class imo, especially after 46 with the deepwater helm. we're definitely the most self-sufficient, and can solo in dungeons just fine. that's nothing to sneeze at!
Old 10-12-2022, 10:49 PM
Kobold

Seems the verdict is no, it isn't really much of a weapon to strive for. thanks for the replies! guess i'll get it whenever, for the looks
Old 10-13-2022, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
wow Jimjam! that was a slap on my paladin's face! we solo way better than any other melee class imo, especially after 46 with the deepwater helm. we're definitely the most self-sufficient, and can solo in dungeons just fine. that's nothing to sneeze at!
I’m just yanking your tit mate, paladins are great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-25-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

It’s totally optional. You can justify anything in this game. Like playing a paladin over a warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool factor : Having the epic for this alone is great. The quest is pretty fun too.

2h bash: Since no big races can be paladins this is your only way to have 2h bash. In PoH and some places like Seb gaters are an issue. It’s the quickest swap out you can do and coupled with a lvl 30 stun gives a high chance of shutting down blue cons.

Stats: it has pretty great stats for its level of difficulty to get

-100 check stun: like with the 2h bash, the proc will almost always land and can stun gaters and CH blue cons. I use it a lot in PoH when that’s my main goal. Even over a rocksmasher or Frostwrath & shield.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:09 PM
Kobold

Narandi's Lance is only better from the DMG/Delay Ratio. Albeit only slightly better ratio. The stats, HP, AC, Resists, plus a -100 MR stun proc make the Paladin Epic better IMO. Paladins aren't really known for their DPS. Anything that might make you a better tank is going to a better weapon IMO. Also, 35/40 is not too bad.