Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-13-2022, 10:41 AM
Orc

Default Deadeye and Hiding?

Hey, I afk a lot in the mornings with my SK and it's convenient to hide when I do that. I've discovered that it's really hard to hide while I've got deadeye up, and really easy when I drop it. Do other see invis spells interfere with hiding, or is just a SK bug?
Old 10-13-2022, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Hmm, can you do some more testing and post the logs? Maybe attempt to hide 100 times with dead eye and 100 times without and we can see if there’s a statistically significant difference? I have a DEF wizard so I can try with regular see invis and see if there’s any trends.

I’m not aware that see invis should have any affect on hide chance so if it is material and not just random bad luck it might be worth posting a bug report.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:02 PM
Orc

OK, collected some data. My character is an Erudite SK with no see vision items. With Deadeye up, I'm 0 successes at hiding in 50 tries. Interestingly, my hide skill went up from 61 to 64 during the test. As soon as I had this data, I dropped Deadeye and I hid on the 1st attempt. It never takes more than 2 or 3 tries when I don't have Deadeye up. I know people keep telling me it's coincidence and see invis doesn't affect your hiding. But in my case it absolutely does. At least my Deadeye spell prevents me from hiding successfully.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algustus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, collected some data. My character is an Erudite SK with no see vision items. With Deadeye up, I'm 0 successes at hiding in 50 tries. Interestingly, my hide skill went up from 61 to 64 during the test. As soon as I had this data, I dropped Deadeye and I hid on the 1st attempt. It never takes more than 2 or 3 tries when I don't have Deadeye up. I know people keep telling me it's coincidence and see invis doesn't affect your hiding. But in my case it absolutely does. At least my Deadeye spell prevents me from hiding successfully.
Thanks for testing can you post your logs? Sounds like a bug with a 0% success rate. How are you confirming a failure (assuming you’re connecting a non-indifferent mob)?
Old 10-14-2022, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

you're testing your success or failure against the same mob? I have an erudite SK that I can log on to later and test as well.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

I know that when a hide is unsuccessful, sometimes you appear invisible to yourself. If you have Deadeye up, you will appear visible if hide fails.

Deadeye has nothing to do with hide success or fail. No spell in the game has an effect on increasing or decreasing hide's success / fail rate.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algustus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know people keep telling me it's coincidence and see invis doesn't affect your hiding. But in my case it absolutely does. At least my Deadeye spell prevents me from hiding successfully.

it absolutely doesn't have any effect, besides what i explained above. when hide fails, and you have no see invis up - you can still appear invisible to yourself- using see invis will negate this effect.

instead of deadeye lowering your chance of hide working, not having see-invis is giving you a false-positive result of hide succeeding.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:31 PM
Orc

I didn't use a mob to test my hide data. I test with /target (my name). I have that as a button, so I can tell when I'm actually hidden or not. I hit the hide button, then the target button. If I'm hidden, I can't target myself and no target will show up in my target window. If I'm not hidden then my SK shows up as his own target.

It's definitely a bug, I'm just not sure if it's Erudite only? Deadeye only? My only other hiding character is a ranger that doesn't have a see invis spell so I can't really test it on other characters.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

does dead-eye's see-invisible portion not allow you to target yourself even while hiding?
Old 10-14-2022, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I didn't use a mob to test my hide data. I test with /target (my name). I have that as a button, so I can tell when I'm actually hidden or not. I hit the hide button, then the target button. If I'm hidden, I can't target myself and no target will show up in my target window. If I'm not hidden then my SK shows up as his own target.

It's definitely a bug, I'm just not sure if it's Erudite only? Deadeye only? My only other hiding character is a ranger that doesn't have a see invis spell so I can't really test it on other characters.
OP.... lol. You have see invis. If you have see invis, you can /tar yourself whether hidden or invis..
Last edited by zelld52; 10-14-2022 at 03:04 PM..